Chapter 161-9/11 Attacks

'*•

'*•.¸ ¸.•*'

TRIGGER WARNING: ⚠️

This chapter involves the events of 9/11. Probably not accurately, but as close to as much chaos as I imagined it to be. It's nothing too graphic, but I figured I should warn you before you dive into reading.

'*•.¸ ¸.•*'

September 11th, 2001

Athena and Michael were still in New York—both for work-related purposes. Things went well for a little while, they had the 30th Anniversary Celebration of Michael's being a solo artist in the industry for thirty years—and then they started fighting again.

They had what was probably the most explosive fight of their marriage when Michael said to her, 'You are a lousy wife!'. Athena didn't have much of a reaction—merely nodding and walking out of the building.

Bill and Jerome ran into the room, "Mr. Jackson! Turn on the news!"

Michael quickly turned on the television, his heart sinking as he saw the breaking news coverage of the World Trade Center under attack. His mind immediately went to Athena, aware that this was the building in which she was having her meeting that day.

"Oh my God!" Michael exclaimed with wide eyes, making a leap for his phone and dialing Athena, only for it to ring and ring and ring, then go to voicemail.

"You've reached Athena Tyler. Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can," he heard Athena's voice.

Panic surged through Michael's body as he frantically tried calling Athena again and again, each call going unanswered. Fear gripped his heart as he imagined the worst possible scenarios playing out in his mind.

"Mr. Jackson, we need to evacuate the hotel immediately," Bill said urgently, "The city is in chaos, and there are reports of multiple attacks happening across New York."

"Jerome, where's my wife?" Michael demanded in a panic, "You're her Head of Security—did she come back yet?!"

Jerome looked grim as he shook his head, "No, sir. Miss Tyler has not returned to the hotel yet."

Michael's heart felt like it was being squeezed in a vise as he grabbed his jacket and followed Bill and Jerome out of the hotel. The once bustling New York streets were now filled with chaos and confusion as people ran in every direction, sirens blaring in the distance.

Michael's mind raced with worry for Athena as he scanned the crowded streets for any sign of her. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her, especially not like this. As they reached the vicinity of the World Trade Center, Michael's heart clenched at the sight before him. The building was engulfed in flames, smoke billowing into the sky, and people fleeing in terror.