Chapter 134-This Is a Bad Idea

NOVEMBER 11th, 1996

NOVEMBER 11th, 1996

On the other end of the line, there was a moment of silence before Michael responded, his voice laced with concern, "What's wrong, Marlon? You're scaring me."

"Mike, the family is at your house. We're at Neverland, along with Kayden, Austin, Christopher, Lucas, Richard, Noah, Claire, Prince, and Lizzo," Marlon said, "I know you're on tour, but is it possible for you to come home?"

"Okay, wait a second. Why are you all at my house?" Michael asked in confusion as he shut the door of the hotel room.

Marlon hesitated, knowing he had to choose his words carefully, "There's been.....an incident, Mike. We found something at the house," he said, "We're all here trying to figure out what happened. It would be helpful if you had security cameras around here."

"I do have cameras and I'm watching you right now," Michael said as he stared at the laptop screen, "Why are all of you there?"

"It's probably best that I don't explain over the phone," Marlon said as he looked at the camera in the room that was pointed at them from the ceiling, "Just come home."

Michael's voice was full of concern and confusion, "Marlon, just tell me what's going on. Is Athena okay?"

"Just come home, Mike," Jermaine added as he leaned closer to Marlon to hear the conversation.

"What did you find at the house?" Michael persisted, "I'm watching you guys! Why are you all surrounding all my cars?"

The Jackson family, Steven—who had slipped in minutes ago—Claire, Lizzo, Prince, Kayden and the rest of the Tyler brothers all exchanged glances—they all knew it was best to not worry the man over the phone. They just needed to get him to come back.

"Well, we were just admiring them!" Rebbie said, trying to make it seem like everything was fine.

"You're admiring Athena's Mercedes-Benz?"

Marlon exchanged a quick glance with Jermaine before responding carefully, "Yes, Athena's car is quite a sight to see! We didn't know you had so many vehicles! Twenty-eight is an impressive number!"

Janet, feeling bad for keeping him in the dark, was having trouble biting her tongue—LaToya and Rebbie having to put their hands over her mouth to keep her from blurting something out.

"Michael!" Janet's voice was muffled by her sisters, "Henaismissing!"

Michael's voice crackled through the phone, "Janet, what are you trying to say? Speak clearly!"

"LatoyaandRebbiearecoveringmymouth!" Janet defended, her voice still muffled from her sisters hands.

Marlon quickly intervened, "We're just having a little family gathering, Michael! Everything is fine, really. Why don't you wrap up your concert and join us? We're all looking forward to seeing you!"