Chapter 152-Beach Girls

Los Angeles Beach: MAY 30th, 1999—11:30 AM

"Girl, sometimes I still find it hard to believe that you married Michael Jackson and I married Prince," Lizzo said with a low whistle, "Hey, why are you wearing your husband's shades?"

"Because he's my man and I can," Athena said with a mischievous smile, "But to answer your comment from before, I don't take it for granted, you know?" she shrugged, "Michael is my whole life. I wouldn't change it for anything."

"I feel you," Lizzo agreed, "I'm glad I married Prince. Despite the media controversy about my weight and how he's so tiny, we make it work. But I have to admit, when he sings 'Kiss' to me, I feel like I'm in another world."

"And when Michael sings 'You Are Not Alone' to me, I feel like I'm the only person in the room," Athena smiled, "It's like he's singing just to me, and no one else matters."

Lizzo looked at Athena with a smile, "Girl, you have it all. A famous husband who serenades you, a beautiful home, and a stunning body. I'm so happy for you."

"Hey, we've been over this before," Athena reminded, "Every body is beautiful. No need to aspire to be a 36-24-36. We don't need to only eat green stuff. Some men like women who have an ass."

"You got that right!" Lizzo laughed, "What are your measurements?" 

"Not much difference to when the last time you forcefully measured my waist!" Athena laughed.

"But I'll never be able to compete with you, girl," Lizzo sighed, gazing out at the ocean.

"Why should you have to?" Athena asked, her voice filled with sincerity, "We're both in love with incredible men. That's something worth cherishing," she paused, "And besides that, you can be the advocate for all those women out there that aren't in love with their bodies. You just need to embrace yours and remember that society has unrealistic standards of the 'perfect woman'."

Lizzo smiled, "You're right, girl. I won't let the media get me down anymore. I'll embrace my curves and be happy with my Prince. He's the one who loves me for me, anyway. I don't want to compete with anyone," she added, "I just want to be me and be happy with my body, you know?"