Chapter 31-Hairwashing Secrets At the Wedding

Back at the wedding venue, Reggie was walking around in search of Michael

Back at the wedding venue, Reggie was walking around in search of Michael. She was determined to let him in on this secret of Athena secretly being amazing at washing people's hair. As she thought back to how she made her sister wash her hair that morning for the wedding, she couldn't help but smile at the sisterly bond she felt with Athena.

"Michael! Michael!" Reggie called, "Has anyone seen Michael?"

"He's sitting with his family and Athena," one of her cousins said, "Over there."

"Hello!" Reggie grinned as she approached the table, "How is everyone? Are you enjoying yourselves?"

"Yes, it is a lovely wedding, Reggie," Katherine Jackson nodded, "Thank you for having us."

"Well, the Jackson 5 was performing at my wedding," Reggie laughed, "Of course we had to include the rest of the family!"

"You and Adam look good together," Rebbie added, "You'll make beautiful babies!"

"Oh, we plan on it!" Reggie grinned, "I can't wait for the honeymoon."

"I should have warned you before, Mr. and Mrs. Jackson," Athena said as she looked over at them, "My family is very...open and explicit. Sometimes they say weird things. I apologize on Reggie's behalf for her talking like that." she said, acknowledging that she came from a more lively family while her boyfriend's family was more conservative. And surprisingly, Athena fit into the more conservative category away from her family.

"Don't worry, dear," Katherine smiled at her, "We've heard much worse at our family gatherings."

"She's not wrong," Joe added from next to Katherine.

"Well, that's a relief," Athena replied, feeling more at ease with Michael's family. She looked over at him and saw the fond smile playing on his lips as he listened to their banter. There was a warmth in his eyes as he glanced at her, making her heart flutter in her chest.

Reggie, noticing the silent exchange between Michael and Athena, grinned mischievously. "Hey, Michael," she began, excitement bubbling in her voice, "I have something to tell you!" Michael turned his attention towards Reggie, curiosity evident in his expression.

"So, Athena was helping me this morning, and turns out, she is amazing at washing hair!" Reggie continued, unable to contain her excitement any longer.

A look of confusion crossed Michael's face before realization dawned on him. "Wait, are you saying... Athena washed your hair this morning?" he asked with a raised eyebrow with a hint of amusement.

"I told her I didn't want to at first because of the differences in our hair," Athena said slowly, "I didn't want to mess it up."

But Reggie could see the playful sparkle in Michael's eyes as he responded, "So, you're telling me that Athena, the queen of perfect hair flips, voluntarily washed your hair this morning? I find that hard to believe." He teased, a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.