Chapter twenty three: Unidentified.

"Why did you came? Why did you follow me?" My father asked me as he lay on the couch.
"Are you seriously asking me? I don't even recognise you anymore!" I shouted.
Seconds later I realized something.
"You didn't want me out till late not because you were worried about what I was doing. You didn't want me out because of what you were doing! You were afraid I'd get hurt by one of the people you're involved with!
"I don't have to explain myself to you! You've forgotten our roles. Let me remind you that I am the father, you are the daughter and you will do what I tell you!" He started yelling at me like crazy.

I took a deep breath and said calmly.

"You're right I shouldn't have came I should have let you die so you could learn your lesson as I'm learning mine now. From now on I'll do whatever you tell me."
"Celyn I didn't mean..." He started saying but I had already turned my back to leave.

I walked into my room and closed the door, behind the door stood Levi with his arms crossed who hadn't left because we had school in an hour and a half and there was no point in him going home.

"Did you mean all those things you said?" He asked me with a somewhat nervous tone.
"No. If you haven't learned me yet I don't obey the rules, I make them up and if needed I change the entire tactics of the game." I said while changing clothes, putting on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.
"I don't think your father will like that." He answered concerned.
"And I don't think I care. I've had enough of hiding in this family. Now let's get out of here and go wait Thanos and call the others." I said imperiously as I put on my sneakers ready to leave.

November 4th, 2019
6:59am

"It's way too early to realize what you saw and what you did." Mia said after I explained to everyone what happened.
"What are we doing here so early? Thanos said he would call us when he has the results." Said Peter.
"We can't let him call the sheriff first. Actually we can't let him call the sheriff at all." I informed.
"And how are we going to stop him from doing that?" Theo asked.
"You'll see..." Levi said with a devilish grin.

Fifteen minutes later we were inside the lab with panic reigning.

"You got it! I dare you to call the sheriff and you'll need plastic surgery to fix your ugly face!" Levi shouted as he had Thanos' head stuck to the metal table that had all his tools on it.

"Is that what you meant by changing his mind?" Leo asked.
"I didn't know that this was the idea he was telling me he had." I replied.
"Should we stop him?" Sebastian said.
"Mm not yet.. He has to pay for taking all that money and still not keeping his word." Said Mia.

Levi now had him in a chair and was slapping him.

"I'll find where you live and burn your house down." He was talking to the rhythm of his slaps.

"Okay, that's enough!" Said Leo and we quickly went to stop him.
He got up bleeding from his chair and got his clothes on.

"Tell us what you found out." Peter said as he walked towards him.
"Nothing important..." Thanos said and before he could finish his sentence Levi interrupted him.
"I'll show you 'nothing important'!" He approached him aggressively with us holding him and Thanos cried out in fear.
"Except for something very very strange!" He put his hands in front of his face to protect himself.
"Such as?" Theo said.
"Come with me." He stood up and started walking towards the lab.

We were right behind him.
He opened something like a freezer and a lot of smoke came out. He pulled out a small bag that looked empty to us.

"What? An empty bag?" Jun asked.
"No! If you come close you'll see a hair."

We looked at each other and we all felt a sense of relief.
It could have been Marcus' hair but it could have been the killer's which meant that in such a short time we were one step behind him.

"But..." He said taking the joy out of our hands.
"Aww! There always has to be a but in situations like this! Can't we just find out who he is? We have a whole piece of hair let's just go identify him!" Jun started to complain.

"Shhhh!" We shouted at him.
"I already did. That's where the but sticks."
"Will you tell us already?" Mia said angrily.
"The person with that hair simply doesn't exist."
"What do you mean he doesn't exist?" Leo asked with a look of curiosity as we all were.
"It's like he was never born."
"What do you mean like he was never born? We know he's alive and we know he's killed someone!" Sebastian said.
"It's very rare but it happens. I'll explain. If we're looking to identify a man for any reason it will show us if he's been identified for anything in the past and whether he has a criminal record. Even in school if the person had ever misbehaved badly we would be able to see it which usually people who murder have either one or the other. If it doesn't get us straight to him it will show us people with the same DNA. People related to him. In this case it hasn't shown up anything. Blank!"

And all of a sudden just when we thought that was the end of this whole thing we were back to zero.

{-}

I was at the front door of the house.
The hours at school had passed slowly and agonizingly.
We all had barely exchanged two words.

As I was unlocking the door a letter fell out of the mail box that was on the door.
On it was written my full name.
Not the nickname. My real name which was odd as no one knew it except Scott and the headmistress of the school.
It looked old and battered.
I opened it and what I read was not at all what I expected.

My phone rang.
To my surprise it was Leo.

As soon as I picked it up I didn't have time to speak he interrupted me.
"Tell me you got a letter!" He shouted anxiously.
"Yes! Did you receive one too?" I asked.
"We all received one! Now come to Mia's cafe!" He kept shouting.
"Alright! Alright! I'm on my way!"