"What's seriously wrong with people these days? Why they don't know how to use their damn eyes? Perhaps that's a new way to attract the attention of women," the girl snapped back as she lifted her face to glare at him.

When they finally looked at each other, both were stunned. The girl even had her jaw dropping slightly as well while Izmir shook his head in disbelief.

"Meenu?" He grumbled, still in incredulity. 

The girl clasped her lips together before she carried the border of her stunning saree towards the back of her body. Izmir's eyes appreciated her even more. She was way beautiful before too but now she left all the words of praise of a beauty. She seemed drop-dead gorgeous that he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her sight even evoked a longing in her.

"Rahmeen." She corrected him. "My name is Rahmeen."

"I know but I called you Meenu," he enlightened her.

"Past is past, Izmir Raza. Don't repeat it and ruin the day for everyone including the poor couple who is getting married," she told him, sternly.

"May I ask why are you here, Rahmeen?" He put the extra stress on her proper name this time.

She felt the tinge of his attack but showed himself to be unscathed. "No."

"Phupho, where did you go? I was searching for you."

They both turned around when someone called from behind. It was Eshal who ran towards Rahmeen. The kid smiled at her Aunt before she noticed Izmir. His lip twitched as he realized everything.

Was Meenu someone related to Nisha?

Eshal, her daughter called Meenu her Aunt. That meant she was Nisha's sister-in-law. Meenu was so near to him and he couldn't even recognize that.

Nisha's husband's full name was Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad and Meenu's full name? He became static at this because he never remembered her telling him his surname.

"Hi Mamu," Eshal greeted him with a timid smile.

Izmir shook her small hand with his. "Hello, sweetheart. Where are your parents?"

"They are coming," she told him.

"Come Eshu. Show me your version of the desi wedding till your Mumma is here," Rahmeen interrupted them as she grasped Eshal's hand. The whole reason why she came here was to enjoy a more desi and cultural wedding in Pakistan.

Rahmeen left with Eshal while Izmir stared at her back with a yearning. 

She was so near yet so distant from him.

                   __________________

That was the time of a new ritual and that was dodh pilai. The fun was doubled as Huzaifa himself was playing around with the girls. There were banters all around. While Unaiza's cheeks couldn't stop from reddening as Huzaifa's sneaky, daring glances and shameless remarks were increasing. The girls were asking for one lacs rupees from the groom but Huzaifa was just having fun in all this.