Prologue: The End of a Life

It was frigid. The land on the south range of mountains was rough and full of snow. The girls, in their haste to draw the enemy away from the Mythos, just ran and ended up on this terrain.

"I'm scared for my home. We have to protect everyone!"

"We know Aldebaran. We will do what we can."

"Polaris, we haven't trained. We don't really know what we're capable of."

"No time like the present." Polaris retorted as the enemy approached. "Fight. That is all we can do. Fight hard!"

"Aye!" the other four chimed with a stern expression.

They fought hard. And long. Each girl tried their best to defeat the enemy. They eventually, being outnumbered, were cornered. They still had their determination to fight and would keep it up as long as they could, no matter how tired they actually were. Or how little energy they had left.

"What? Are you chicken?" Polaris teased the commanding officers after she noticed they stepped back behind their leader.

"No, Sailor Polaris. We just know our place." One answered.

"This is how we always battle. This is our strategy. We let our master defeat our enemy after we have done our turn." another continued.

The leader grinned and charged up his weapon and fired at Polaris hitting her.

"Give it up scouts! You are no match for us! We are stronger than you!"