𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I will feed her and till then you can get the decorations ready because the guests will start coming now." I said and he nodded at me before kissing mine and Ruh's forehead.

I walked towards our room and breastfed Ruh while he took care of the preparations of the party.

Time skipped....

The party was almost over now and some people started returning back home. Ruh was with Adrian who was showing her off proudly to his colleagues and Ekaksh bhai was also with them. Ruh loves him and bhai enjoys spending time with her too.

Bhai has been in New York for the past three months now while bhabhi is still in India. He visits us often because he wants to see his niece every now and then.

Suddenly, I heard a phone ring and my attention was grabbed towards it. I looked around and saw that bhai's phone was ringing. For some reasons, I picked it up immediately and was about to give it to bhai when someone from the other side said,

"Congratulations, bro. You owe me a treat for becoming a father soon."

I stood frozen in my place and couldn't process what I just heard. I didn't say anything while the person on the other line kept going, 'hello' 'hello'.  Soon the line went dead and I took a moment to take everything in.

Was bhai keeping this a surprise?

After about half an hour, the party ended and almost everyone returned back home. Once it was only Rian, Ruh, Bhai and me left in the mansion after bidding off Maa and Dad, I walked towards bhai.

"So, when were you going to tell us?" I asked, grabbing everyone's attention.

He looked at me and frowned, "Going to tell you what?"

"That bhabhi is pregnant and that I am becoming an aunt."

His eyes widened and face lost all the colours as he kept staring at me as if he was seeing a ghost. He took his time before gulping down and finally speaking,

"What the hell are you saying, Aadya?"

"The truth? Your doctor friend called and informed you or else god knows how long you would have kept it a secret."

"What secret? I have not even been to India for the past three months and till then, she didn't have any symptoms or anything. Who informed you?" He raked a hand through his hair and picked his phone up, searching for the last dialled number.

After a minute of silence and when he was done seeing the name of the doctor, I finally decided to speak up, "So, does that mean—"

He looked at me and nodded slowly, "Yes, it's not my baby."

I don't know how to react to that piece of information right now and don't even know what to make out of it. To be honest, I could have never expected this in my wildest of dreams and all of a sudden all the weird interactions have started to fit in a blurred puzzle. The fight at the wedding, the weird phone call and her shocked expression when she saw me. Even after that and before that, she had started to behave differently.

"I think we should go back to India and clear everything out." Rian spoke up and I nodded in response.

Bhai was too shaken by the information to even react. Giving him some space, we decided to fly back the first thing tomorrow morning. Rian booked the flight tickets.

In India

All of us have reached home and right now I knew bhai was fuming with anger even though he made sure to not show it. We have not told anyone anything right now. Mumma welcomed us all and everyone got busy with Ruh. Noone has been told about our arrival. That's why it was just family in our mansion right now.