21. My Safe Place

Adrian's POV

Heart wrenching.

That's how it feels right now, when she is sitting beside me numbly, sniffling on her tears every now and then. I want her to talk to me, confide in me but I don't want to force her to do these. She is trying to hold back her tears and trying to stay strong, probably thinking that it will make her look weak in front of me.

Little does she know how much it is breaking me.

I softly caressed the back of her palm, which was in my hold, trying to comfort her. What happened in the span of a few minutes which got her happy face to turn pale. I have to give her some time before bombarding her with questions.

I didn't realise when we reached the hotel cause my mind kept on going back to her tear stricken face and dull eyes which were doing a great job at stabbing my heart.

The moment I parked the car she hurriedly took off the seatbelt and ran inside.

I will burn down the cause responsible for her tears.

Aadya's POV

[THE NEXT DAY]

Breathe In, Breathe Out.

You are stronger than this.

You have dealt with this before, you can deal with this now.

Come on, Smile.

Smile

With another of my realest fake smiles I left my room wearing a beautiful yellow lehenga. I left my hair open with some strands set behind. Everyone was gathered in the sitting area outside.

The person I met was Rian who was standing at the entrance as if waiting for someone.

The moment our eyes met, he rushed my way and I knew he was gonna ask about yesterday. I prepared myself with the explanation I had thought and smiled his way.

"You look beautiful, Dove", my fake smile turned real just like that and that's when I noticed him.

He was wearing a Kurta.

And saying he looked good would be an understatement because he was looking like a Greek God sent from heaven.

"I--- uh---- you--- You look great yourself, Rian", I somehow framed my words and smiled at him.

I am just so good at embarrassing myself, urgghhhhhh.

"Why were you crying yesterday, Dove",

You can do this, you know what to say.

Come on.

"My periods are near, it was ju-- just the hormones. All my emo-- emotions are overwhelmed right now. And you know how close I am to Ekaksh Bhai, so this wedding and everything is too much to take. Also, I haven't been able to talk or communicate with Ariv Bhai, I am just worried for him. All these emotions just took it upon me", I said trying to sound confident and truthful and I think I was very much successful in doing it.

I looked up at him and saw him examining my face to find out any lies. His expressions remained the same but he still nodded.

"Everyone is waiting outside, let's go", with that we went to the family and I saw all the ladies were discussing something.

"It's going to be very tiring today. Ek to aaj mahashivratri ka fast hai aur upar se haldi bhi. Aur in logo ko dekhiye, inke liye fast kr rhe par inhe to koi parvaah hi nhi hai", my mom said looking at my Dad with a scowl.