𝟓𝟐- 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

4.5k+ votes and 1.5k+ comments to unlock the next chapter.
*******************************************

Dil sambhal jaa zara
Phir mohabbat karne chala

Aadya's POV

"Did you feel it? The baby kicked."

His eyes sparkled and a big smile appeared on his face as the words left his mouth and I could feel tears dwelling in my own. Shock could be seen clearly on both our faces and yet, none of us made an effort to hide it. My heartbeats have escalated and I could feel my heart pounding heavily under my breastbone. The world has become a stygian for me and I want to be lost in the middle of it forever, captured in this moment, with two souls I would die for if asked.

I couldn't explain what I was feeling. I didn't even know I needed to feel this desperately until it happened. The motherly instincts started running in my veins, thinking about the life growing inside me. It felt new, different, a good different.

Both of us were quiet, staring into each other's soul, with his hand on my belly where the baby just kicked. He did not make an effort to remove his hand or gaze away nor did I try to push him away from me because this, his hand on my belly and eyes on me with adoration, feels like home.

It was like finally everything fit perfectly and the puzzle is completed, even though some pieces are left out and the pattern has become different. Time seemed to have stopped, capturing us both and framing us in the moment. His blue eyes were shining like the never ending ocean which was welcoming the sunlight falling on it and glowing brightly under it. A smile, more like a grin, was grazing his lips, making everything perfect.

Slowly, Rian started removing his hand from my belly when suddenly the baby kicked again. A gasp escaped my lips this time meanwhile his grin only seemed to have grown. For him, this was an amusing moment for reasons I and his heart knew but he didn't, for me, it stung. It stung because does not remember me and yet every fibre of my being is just so used to his touch that even my baby kicked for the first time under it. It stung because I want to feel all these new experiences with him, by my side, not as a stranger.

I moved my hand above his and removed it from my belly with a sad smile. His own grin started fading away as he shook his head and retracted his hand back. Rian cursed under his breath which I wasn't able to decipher. I cleared my throat to distract myself, hoping to somehow escape from here.

"It felt— different." Rian finally spoke, breaking the unwanted silence.

"Yeah. It was the first time the baby kicked." The words left my mouth, as if wanting to confess it to him.

His eyes searched mine for something which I couldn't put my finger on but I didn't blink away either.

"May I ask you something?" He spoke slowly and I nodded in response for him to continue. "It's not exactly been a great start for us and yesterday, I did cross a line. I apologise for it from the bottom of my heart and I know the apology won't fix it all but can we please give it a new start?"

I can't say I was not surprised but in one corner of my heart, I was expecting it. After all, he is still the gentleman I fell for and keep falling for every day.

"Adrian, I—" Before I could even finish, he cut me off.

"Please."