𝟓𝟏- 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲'𝐬 𝐊𝐢𝐜𝐤

Ch-52 will be available on ScrollStack tonight.

4k+ votes and 1.5k+ comments to unlock the next chapter
*******************************************

Mushkil se main sambhala tha haan,
Toot gya hun, fir ek dafa

Aadya's POV

Five Months and Seven days.

It's been five months and seven days since the day he forgot me. When he asked me who I was. When he recognised everyone but his gaze turned stranger to me. When he left me all alone in this world with a life inside me.

My tears dried up long back. But the pain, the pain haunts me every day, every night, every minute and every second. It reminds me of everything I have lost. I was strong. I have always been. But there is a limit to what a person can handle. I was abused when I was just seventeen but I didn't say anything to anyone. My past resurfaced and I did everything to protect myself and my loved ones. I fought the battle and it happened because he was beside me, fighting with me.

But how am I supposed to fight this battle where my shield has become a stranger to my sword?

I look at myself in the mirror and my eyes fall on the bump on my belly. It reminds me of the new life growing inside of me everyday, waiting to come outside and see the world. My fingers automatically move to my belly and my heart starts pumping loudly. The feeling of knowing that an innocent life is inside you, which has a part of you and a part of him, heals me and breaks me altogether.

I caress my belly slowly as my gut fills with contentment. My baby has become a reason for me to look upon the next morning, the reason to live, the reason to expect something from the next sunray. The day I found out I was pregnant, a sense of responsibility, relief and protectiveness rushed through my veins.

That was the moment I felt, even though he forgot me, he left a part of himself with me. A part no one can take away from me in any scenario, I won't let them. But that's what hurts the most.

He forgot me and yet, left a part of himself, alone, with me.

The thought of the probability, which seems to be the only happening according to recent situations, that I will have to raise this baby alone scares me. It's not because I cannot raise him alone but because I don't want the baby to be deprived of the love of a father.

It scares me to even think how he would feel when he is born and does not get to see his father. It scares me to think how he would feel at the parents' teacher meetings or father's day celebration in school when all the kids would be present with the father but he won't have his by his side. It scares me to think about the questions he would raise when he would want to see or meet his father.

How will I answer all that?

What will I say to my child?

The part which hurts the most is, he will have a father but his father does not remember our existence. Day before yesterday, when Ariv bhai asked me to start a conversation and try to make efforts to make him remember things, I had an outburst. Ekaksh Bhai, Ariv Bhai, Mumma, Papa, Bhabhi and everyone else are trying their best for us to talk and they are creating situations for us to make conversations but they don't understand that it hurts me.