22. THE SANGEET

It feels so unreal, as if the moment I decide to believe it, it will disappear

It feels so unreal, as if the moment I decide to believe it, it will disappear. I am not ready to admit but it's getting harder and harder to lie to myself.

I am falling hopelessly and madly in love with ADRIAN WILLIAMS. My Rian.

The mere thought of it makes me ticklish in my tummy. I giggled to myself and went to shower.

Today we planned the Sangeet function as an escape for everyone to relax. It was supposed to be held yesterday itself but since it was Mahashivratri and most of us kept the fast, we decided to cancel it cause no one would have any energy to enjoy it.

I undressed myself and turned on the faucet. I was applying my face wash when I remembered how Rian applied Haldi on my cheeks from his. Scarlett coated my cheeks and I slowly moved my fingers on them.

I am behaving as a teenager in love.

Even they behave better.

I quickly showered and changed into my Sangeet outfit which was a simple yet elegant white lehenga. For my hair, I made a low bun and tugged a red rose in it. I didn't go for much makeup because it was a day function and we were supposed to dance and enjoy, the sweat would probably make me clown if I applied more. For my lips I chose a 'Berry Nude' shade and for my eyes I just applied some Mascara and Kajal.

After being satisfied with my whole look, I clicked some pictures to post on Instagram and then made my way out. Reaching downstairs I saw only Reema Aunty, Sudha Aunty, Rajat Uncle and Ravi Uncle there.

I guess I am early.

"Aadya hi hamara sabse pyaari aur Shareef baccha hai. Baakiyon ko to aadat ho gyi hai late krne ki. Aao baccha hamare saath baitho", Reema Aunty said looking at me with adoration.

(Only Aadya is our sweet and punctual child. Others have the habit of being late. Come child, sit with us)

"Mumma Papa bhi late hai Aaj to. Uff, main pareshan ho gyi hu aunty sbse. Pure parivaar mein ek main hi responsible hu. Pata ni main na hoti to kya hota sabka. Hey baghwan, mujhe sakti dena apne Ghar ki saari responsibilities uthane ki", I sighed looking heavenwards.

(Mom and Dad are also late today. Uff, I am tired of everyone, aunty. I am the only responsible person in the whole family. I don't know what would happen to them without me. Oh God, give me the power to take all the responsibilities of my family)

"Itni responsible hai ki room ka card room ke baahar gira kr aayi hai madam and room ki AC bhi on hai", came mumma's voice from behind.

I checked my purse for the room card and it was not there. I looked at mumma sheepishly and she handed me the card while shaking her head.

Soon, everyone else joined us and we went out in the gardens which were decorated for Sangeet.

Rian was walking by my side with our hands entwined and hidden behind my dupatta. We were walking behind everyone so no one was noticing us. My hands felt as if they were made to be held in his.