Chapter 34 : Warfare Pt1

As Alexander returned to Eleanor's home, bloodied and injured, he walked in and noticed everyone there: Eleanor, Frost, Captain Saboru, Captain Marsalu, Evelyn's team, Gama, and the other mutant gargoyles.

Eleanor rushed to bandage up his injuries, while Gekido used his Healing magic to close Alexander's wounds. Meanwhile, Gama and the others were discussing a plan.

Kai suggested, "I think we should go for a surprise attack and go all out."
Gama replied, "We could take that into consideration, but we need to think this through."

Frost chimed in, "Maybe we could set traps around the base just in case they try something? I'm a good builder, but I would need some help."

Evelyn whispered to Shinudarou, "Come on, go help him."
Shinudarou's face turned red. "I can't... he's too cool and I... don't want to bug him."

Evelyn sighed. "Fine, but at least try to talk with him. You can't hide your crush for your entire life, you know."
Shinudarou got a bit mad. "I... don't have a crush on him!! I just think he's very cool and..." His face turned red.
Evelyn: "Sureeee."

Captain Marsalu suggested, "Frost, you could use my explosive kunai for some of the traps."
Frost considered, "That could work."

"While Frost considered, Alexander sat back down on the couch with a sigh. He felt exhausted, but also at ease, his wounds closed and his muscles beginning to mend under Eleanor's care. He looked up at the others, most of whom were still talking amongst themselves as they planned their assault on the opposing forces. Shinudarou was listening in on their conversation, but seemed hesitant to join in. Alexander gave a slight smile at the sight of them, feeling a surge of pride and appreciation for his friends."

After a day of planning Frost finally finished the traps
Everyone went outside to memorize them
Frost:"You guys have to know these bumps contain the traps if you step on them they'll either fling you into the air or impale you-"
Suddenly kai got flung up in the air and fell onto Frost
Kai:"Sorry.."
Frost sighed containing his frustration
"Get off me"

"Frost huffed in annoyance as Kai landed on top of him, trying to get him off. The others laughed at the sight of it, which only made Frost's annoyance even worse. After a few moments, Frost managed to shove Kai off of him, his patience clearly running thin. Evelyn watched the exchange with an amused expression, seeing how frustrated Frost was with Kai.
Evelyn herself had dealt with Kai's stupidity in the past, but he knew that it could get on the nerves of others."

After memorizing the patterns, everyone went inside to train the following day. Then, at midnight, loud horns were heard, and gargoyle screams woke everyone up. The traps killed dozens of gargoyles, but a lot more got through and surrounded the house.

Gama woke up and began stomping on them, crushing hundreds upon hundreds and causing a massive distraction as everyone was able to get their gear and go outside. Kai used his axe to cut through hordes of them, Gekido used his magic to summon fireballs that melted dozens of them. Eleanor used her telekinesis to throw boulders and crush the gargoyles, while Captain Saboru was cutting through them with his Enlightening blade. Captain Marsalu, with his abyssal armor, was throwing kunais everywhere and impaling dozens of gargoyles. Frost and Shinudarou used their firearms and gadgets, while Evelyn and Alexander were dealing with the rolling gargoyles.

"Alexander and Evelyn moved in close, taking down a gargoyle every few seconds; their mastery over their weapons and powers made it look effortless. As they slashed and slashed, killing one after another, they worked in complete unison, as if their minds were one. Alexander's sword flashed with blue and red light every time he cut down a gargoyle, while Evelyn's lightning-charged attacks left the air crackling with electricity. The fight was brutal but beautiful, as the two worked together seamlessly to defend their friends."