Chapter 8 : Loss of Light

After his daring act of saving everyone from the collapsing ruins, Hunter bravely carried them to the heaven mansion. The journey had been tough, and the weight of their lives burdened his tired shoulders. As they neared the grand mansion, hope filled his heart, only to be crushed by the devastating sight.

The once beautiful mansion now stood as a burnt skeleton, destroyed by fiery flames. Hunter's eyes widened in disbelief, struggling to comprehend the tragedy. "What... this can't be?" he whispered, his voice barely audible in the chaos.

Yael, still weak from their intense battle, felt the despair too. Their dreams shattered before their eyes, leaving them speechless. In that vulnerable moment, a horde of demons appeared out of nowhere, their evil intent felt in the air.

In an instant, the demons attacked Hunter and his comrades, hungry for blood. Without hesitation, Hunter wielded his weapon, his fighting spirit driving his every move. He fought the demons, his blade striking skillfully, defeating them one by one. He showed unmatched resilience and an unbreakable will to protect his loved ones.

But despite his bravery, the enemy's numbers overwhelmed him. As the battle raged on, the once proud warriors fell to the ground, unconscious and battered.

Yael couldn't bear to see her friends in such pain. Despite her own injuries, she summoned her inner strength. Determination burning in her eyes, she rose from the ground. "Hunter, take Alexander and Alice away! I'll handle them!" she commanded, her voice filled with resolve.

Hunter struggled internally, torn between staying with Yael and ensuring the safety of the others. His heart wanted to stay and fight by her side, but reason won. Reluctantly, he nodded and said, "I won't leave you!"

The horde of demons sensed a weakened opponent and attacked Yael with ferocity. She stood strong, her body bruised but her spirit unwavering. Realizing the urgency, Hunter carried out Yael's wish, picking up the unconscious Alice and Alexander. With a loving glance, he spread his powerful wings and flew away, leaving Yael to face the storm alone.

The air crackled with energy as Yael summoned her strength. She conjured two radiant orbs, glowing with celestial power. With a force beyond mortal comprehension, she collided the orbs together, causing a massive explosion that tore through heaven. The explosion ripped apart the divine home, leaving behind a colossal crater, a reminder of Yael's determination.

As the shockwaves rippled through the realms, Hunter, now back in the human world, was startled by the echoing explosion. Fear painted his face as he murmured, "This is really bad."

After Hunter found Alexander's old home and decided to clean it, Alexander and Alice both awakened and were shocked to find themselves back in the mortal realm.

Alexander looked around in confusion, "Why are we back in my old house? And where is Yael?"

Hunter looked down at the ground, disappointed in himself for not being able to stop the demons. "Yael gave her life to save us..."

Alice gasped, covering her face in sadness. "No... this cant be"
Alexander nodded, his expression blank. "We owe her so much. We will miss her..."

After hours of silence filled with guilt and sadness, they decided to pray for Yael's soul in the afterlife. Alexander even buried her divine bow as a sign of respect and remembrance.

A couple of days later, everyone was still distraught from the loss of Yael. They realized that dwelling in sadness wouldn't bring her back, so they decided to find peace in training.

Alexander focused his energy and dedicated himself to mastering his ice manipulation. With each passing day, his control over the Ice element grew stronger

Hunter, on the other hand, discovered a new trick. He learned how to melt or solidify his gold

Alice, fuelled by her determination worked on training her martial arts skills.