Chapter 12 : Rising Water

After Eleanor's phone calls, she gently placed Hunter on the bed and anxiously waited. Several hours later, the doorbell rang, announcing the arrival of an unexpected visitor - an arctic fox/human hybrid.
Eleanor: "FROST!! THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE."
Frost: "Ow, my ears."
Eleanor: "Sorry, I'm just so stressed about everything."
Frost: "Well, what happened?"
Eleanor proceeded to explain everything to Frost - about Alexander, Aqua, the soul stone, and Aqua's hypnosis.

Frost: "That's a lot to take in. I understand now why you need some backup. I'll gladly get the cyber association and vouch for you."
During their conversation, Hunter finally regained consciousness.

Hunter: "Ugh, my head... Did I pass out? Where am I?"
Eleanor: "Yes, you fainted, but you're safe now. You're in my house."
Frost: "I assume you're Hunter, right?"
Hunter: "And who are you? Some kind of snow wolf?"
Frost: "Technically, I'm an arctic fox."
Hunter: "Yeah, now you're just making up words."
Eleanor discreetly whispered to Frost, "His IQ is around 50, so it's best to explain new concepts with visuals."
Frost:"Ah, I see."

Hunter: "Anyway, what are we going to do about Aqua? And there's no way Alexander could have died."
Eleanor: "Hunter, I agree it sounds weird and illogical, but didn't you see the beating Alexander gave Aqua? There's no way Aqua could have run away or hidden from him, so his death is the only thing that makes slight sense."

Hunter: "I won't believe this. I'm going to rest for a bit and then I want to go back to those ruins to see if Alexander is actually dead."
Eleanor: "You can't do that-"
Frost: "You should do what he says. I know you've gotten used to death, but he looks like that Alexander guy was his first actual friend."
Eleanor: "I guess you're right... but I'm going too."

Meanwhile, back on Heaven Island, June was burning down the mansion as her gargoyle servants got everything valuable out.

Gargoyle 1: "My queen, we have done everything you asked of us. What is the next stage of your plan?"
June: "My plan is to find the Soul Stones and create the Scythe of Despair."
Gargoyle 2: "My queen, but we have looked through every nook and cranny of Heaven!"

June grabs the gargoyle's throat and chops off half of its arm as it screams.
June: "You know better than to talk back. Since you're too idiotic to realize this, I guess I'll have to explain. This place is not the actual City of Heaven; it's just Island 136. The real Heaven is a group of 500 islands. Vampires and demons have been looking for the Blade of Agony for centuries, but they have never found it. That's because the God of Light, Keiko, gave Yael a task to guard the Blade of Agony on this island and announced that Yael has retired to this small island. But Yael didn't retire and kept guard. And since she was one of the commanders of the Angel Army, the demons didn't want to waste their time killing her, thinking she had retired. And since the island was so small, they figured the blade must be in a more guarded place."

Gargoyle 3: "I get it. It's like a fake vault,they distracted us because we though the treasure was in the vault when it was hidden in plain sight."

June: "I appreciate your understanding of my plans for once, my gargoyles. However, we will need additional assistance for our mission. You see, I possess a map of the locations of the soul stones, and I believe I have an idea of where the first one may be found."

Gargoyle 1: "What kind of assistance do you suggest, your Highness?"

June: "We must confront Alexander and Hunter,Ita only been a couple weeks since they were on this island,so they couldn't have mastered their power by now. And who better to neutralize their abilities than the very peraon who bestowed these powers upon them?"

Gargoyle: "Wait, do you mean to say that you spared Yael's life?"

June: "Indeed, the explosion was merely a distraction to lure them away from the island. With Yael's supposed death, they now perceive themselves as weak and fragile and are too cautious to come here by themself's, they are smart enough to understand fighting a battle you couldn't win could be a fatal error."