09| 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐚

Ishitha POV:

Today is my first day at new school, and I am so nervous. What if everybody here hates me like my parents did? What if they find out that I am different from them?

Ansh shook me out of my trance, shouting, "Rabbit, finish your breakfast fast! You are getting late." I stuffed the complete toast in my mouth and ran outside.

Adi bhaiyya shouted, "Princess, don't do that next time. Also, good luck for today." I shouted back, "Thank you, bhaiyya."

Ansh lifted me up and took my school bag, calling, "Fluffy, come fast!" I saw a small boy, looking like my age, coming out of the front door. What in the...? Damn, I really want powers like his.

Ansh caught both our hands and teleported us to the new school. Thank God nobody saw us appearing out of nowhere; otherwise, this would have been a big problem.

Ansh said, "Don't worry Rabbit, nobody can see us teleporting." I really don't understand how sometimes he can hear everything I say to myself.

He kissed my forehead and said, "I will pick you up in the evening." I nodded as he dropped me down and ruffled Fluffy's hair, saying, "Take care of her."

Fluffy pushed his hand away, saying, "You don't need to worry about that, Dad!"

I am so used to him calling us both Dad and Mumma by now, because I felt it was natural for him to call us that. The inexplicable connection I felt with Ansh and Adi bhaiya, I felt the same with Fluffy as well.

I really don't understand what that is, but it is good to have people around me who really care about me, unlike my parents who abandoned me.

Fluffy and I sat in the classroom as all the classes passed by. Soon, as I already expected, nobody spoke to me, but I am happy that nobody saw me different as well. For the lab period, me and Fluffy are in different batches, so I am now scared of who will become my lab partner.

Fluffy said, "Mumma, don't worry. If they don't speak to you, it's fine, but if they bully you, you must come to me and say immediately, okay?"

I nodded, saying, "I am really fine, Aarush. Don't worry about me. Also, stop calling me Mumma in school; it will be weird if anyone hears."

He pouted, saying, "Fine, I won't call you Mumma, but you don't call me by my name, I will feel so sad." I ruffled his hair, laughing, and said, "Okay, Fluffy boy, now come on, let's go."

We both separated our ways for the lab. I sat at the end of the lab when the teacher came. She introduced herself and said, "Okay kids, find yourselves a lab partner, and choose carefully because they will be your partner for the entire year."

I sighed, looking around. Everyone paired among themselves, and no one was left alone. So, I sat back in my chair, looking down. I saw a pair of shoes near me, so I lifted my head, and my face carved into a smile when I saw a boy standing there with the same smile as mine.

He forwarded his hand, saying, "Hi there, I am Veer. Can I be your lab partner?" I nodded, shaking his hand, and said, "Hi, I am Ishitha."

He nodded, sitting beside me. For the first half of the lab, we didn't say anything to each other, but I was dying to have a new friend other than those three boys in my life. Though I expected a girl to be my friend, but it's okay.

I said, "So, is this your first year in this school?" He nodded, turning towards me with a smile, and said, "Yes, my dad got transferred to this place this year. So new school, new friends." I sighed, saying, "I am new here as well."

He nodded, saying, "I expected that."

"How?" I asked. He said, "Nobody paired with you, so..."

"Intelligent," I said. He smirked. Soon, we both spoke about many things. Something felt different about him. After that class, I introduced him to Fluffy.