11. Kidnapper!

Hey lovely readers I hope you are doing well. If you are not hope you get well soon.
Thankyou for giving my book a try. ❤️😍

English is not my first language. Do pardon the grammatical errors.

Enjoy reading and please do not forget to vote.
_______________________________________________

Rudra

"It was fun; we must do this every weekend." Mayank said. He was drunk already. Right now, we are siting in Abhinav's penthouse according to Mayank's plan of enjoying the weekend.

"This is for my married life and for your single life. Cheers!" He said he was raising his 10th glass with his nth number of cheers. He has been saying every sentence accompanied by cheers.I looked at Abhinav, and he gave me a smirk.

Abhinav is one of my business associates. He is the CEO of Indian TV Today. He knew what the consequences would have been. Again, Mayank will be spending the night in one of our apartments.

Mayank's phone rang. He wasn't in his senses, so I decided to pick it up.
-" Hello."

" Rudra Bhaiya, is Mayank with you? I have texted him, but he is not answering my calls." I looked at Mayank and sighed. Here he was having a gala time with drinks. And on the other hand, his wife was worried.

"Haan tumhara pati mere sath hai. Lekin uska halat thik nhi hai."
("Yes your husband is with me but his condition is worse.")

"Bhaiya I know he's been drinking with you guys. I have a request. Can you please drop him home?" She sounded worried.

"Is everything fine?" I asked.

"Haan bhaiyaa bas, can you drop him home?"

"Yeah sure." And then the call was disconnected. I just looked at Mayank, who had already passed out on the couch. His alcohol tolerance level is so down.

Abhinav looked at me, narrowing his eyebrows. "At whose apartment is he spending the night?"

"His own apartment." Abhinav gave me a confusing look. I said what Sukriti had asked me to do.
"I don't know what happened between them; I think it's their matter, and they need to solve it." Abhinav nodded his head.

"I will drop him home." Abhinav suggested. I agreed.

I helped Abhinav settle Mayank in the car. Abhinav and I live a few apartments after. I was taking a stroll on the footpath, gazing at the night sky. Suddenly, I felt someone hit me. I reflexively held her tightly in my arms. I could hear my heartbeat thumping loudly. Her lavender scent filled my nostrils.

I glanced down only to see coffee-brown hair. She tried to wiggle in my embrace. Not able to escape, she glanced upwards. Her glistering brown eyes met my black eyes. I stared at her. A tear slipped from her eyes. I felt a pang in my chest. With my rough thumb pad, I wiped her tears. I don't know why I so deeply wanted to know what made her cry. For me, this feeling is really foreign. Although I dislike being touched by women, I didn't feel like pulling her away. I noticed every detail of her face. I saw some red marks. I caressed her cheeks. She was staring at my black orbs. Her eyes have turned red due to excess crying. I was about to ask something. Not letting me ask, she hugged me and started sobbing.