10. T for Trauma!

Hey lovely readers I hope you are doing well. First of all Thankyou for giving my book a try. ❤️😍

Second I don't know if there is any Bengali reader reading this story. I would like to wish all my Bengali readers
"Subho Nobobarsha. May this new year bring happiness to your lives." 💖

Third English is not my first language. Do pardon the gramatical errors.

Enjoy reading and please do not forget to vote.
_______________________________________________

Author

The aroma of chocolate cake has filled the kitchen. A little girl was watching her mother bake a chocolate cake. She was dancing to and fro and giggling. She was happy.

"Devi, who's gonna eat this cake?" Her mother asked playfully.

She opened her mouth and pointed a finger towards her mouth, saying, "Meinnn."

And she laughed. The little girl's laughter echoed in the kitchen room. Adishree took a small piece of cake and fed her four-year-old daughter.

"Maa, this is so yummy. Taste it."

Then Devika took a small bite and fed Maa. Adishree smiled at her daughter's antics. She fed her another piece. They were enjoying their little bubble, but their happiness did not last long.

Yuvraj entered the kitchen and started yelling.
"How many times do I have to remind you not to make these types of food in the house? I hate the smell."

"But Devi wanted to eat. You don't let us go out. So I thought..." She tried to protest, but she was cut off by her husband's yell.
"So you thought of turning the kitchen into a bakery?" Due to their shouting, the little girl got scared. She tried to hide behind her mother's back, but she failed.

Yuvraj didn't spare the little child. He started yelling at her.

"This girl, from the day she opened her eyes, is a curse to my family. Nobody should get a daughter like her."

The little girl was crying, which angered her father. She tried to hit her. Adishree tried to save her daughter and got her. She got hurt in her left arm.

Devika was crying.
"Maa, what happened to you?"

Devika was again having a nightmare, and this time she was imagining things.

Devika

I am not able to shout. My lungs refuse to expand. My breathing continues to be shallow. I'm thrashing my arms on my bed and trying furiously to breathe, but it is of no help. My throat is shutting, and my chest feels too tight. I'm trying to shout, but I can't stop wheezing. I'm not audible to anyone. It will remain a secret to everyone that I am dying, that a large amount of hot blood is pooling around me and I am unable to breathe, and that a hole is opening in my chest and overflowing with pain, and an excruciating torment.