1. Chaotic yet lonely

Hey all, I hope you all are doing well ! Thankyou for giving my story a chance. I know the first chapters might be boring but please don't judge a book by its first few chapters.

P.S. I have used some bengali terms in this story as you know that, the male lead belongs from a bengali family. But no worries I have provided the translations.

Enjoy reading :)

RUDRA

Walking out of the courtroom after my client's victory, I was surrounded by a group of journalists. The most irritated part of my career. I hate giving interviews and talking about how I win my cases. But Arjun, my secretary was quick to move that group of people out of my sight. He is doing an excellent job, and I have to think about raising his salary.
I made my way towards my car, and driving through the busy roads of Delhi, I went straight to my office.

As soon as I reached my office, I dialled the number for my mom.
"Finally, karur toh amar kotha mone porlo"
(Finally, someone remembered my existence.)

"Mom, it's not like that; you know how busy I am."

"Yeah, I know, eto busy je dine ekbar maa ke call korte paris na."
(You are so busy that you don't get time to call your mom once.)

"Mom, now this is too much. Did you have your lunch, or you just kept complaining that I don't call you?"

"You have kept your assistant your sister; she behaves like my mother."

I just smiled because my mom was complaining like a kid.

"Okay mom, take care. I have a meeting. I have to go now." I was about to cut the call when Mom said
"Take care of yourself. And congratulations, beta." I smiled, keeping the phone in my pocket. Maybe she has seen the news.
_______________________________________________

A knock on my office door brought me out of my thoughts. The opening of the door revealed the unexpected arrival of Mayank, my best friend and colleague, who gave me a mysterious smile. A smile that doesn't look good to me. Either he has some bad news that would ruin my mood or he has come to irritate the shit out of me.
"Language, Rudra. Language." My brain mocked me. I rolled my eyes at myself.

"What now! Don't you have any work to do?"
Without permission, Mayank entered and said, "And I am here to do my work."

"What is exactly your work except for irritating me?" I said it in an irritated tone.

"To remind you of someone's arrival," Mayank smirked.
"What the..." Before I could complete my sentence, Mayank sat in the front chair.
"Why don't you get married to your special visitor? Aunty also keeps nagging you about your marriage."

And here he is back with the most irritating topic: marriage. At home, my mom is behind me, showing me pictures of women asking if I want to get married or not, and I'm rejecting them. And in the office, there is a girl called Sara, or what I don't even remember her name. She has just joined my firm, and she has started sending me flowers. Arjun is there to scare her off. Teenage girls and women try to throw themselves at me, but somehow I feel allergic to them. They are just behind my money.

"Shut up, you moron!! You have been married recently; that doesn't mean I too have to get married, and if I ever get married, I won't be inviting you."

"Haww ! Kitna nirmam hai aap! Tujhe pal pose kar bada kia aur tu apni shaadi mein mujhe invite nahi karega."
(How heartless you are! I raised you for so long you won't be inviting me to your wedding)

As usual, his drama started, and I don't know how Sukruti tolerates him. I am not the kind of guy who will start yelling and slamming things in anger. But right now, I want to kick him out of my office. Today I have two important case hearings, and this guy sitting in front of me is really getting on my nerves.

"Mayank, this is the last time I am warning you. If you have anything serious to discuss, then please go ahead, or else you know the way out."

Mayank was already enjoying irritating Rudra. " Oh my bad! But I am here to talk about Mr. Raichand's case."

My vision was focused on the laptop screen, as if I were looking for something. Because my lawyer instincts say that something is very weird about Mr. Raichand's case. And finally, the thing I was looking for. I just told Arjun to hack into their system to get the details of the company when the mishap takes place. He is an IT genius. Sometimes I feel that he is in the wrong place, not that I am complaining.
"But I think this time you are going to lose the case." I said, looking at Mayank.

"And why so?" Mayank's expression changed to a serious face.

"Because Mr. Raichand was not present at the office when the agreement was being signed!" I pointed the laptop towards Mayank, and he was shocked. That would be an understatement. His expression clearly showed that he had seen a ghost.

"Shit, man! How could I have missed such an important clue?" I just mocked his condition, saying, "Aurat ka chakkar hai Mayank bhaiya. Kabhi kaam pe bhi focus kijiye nahi toh aise hi cases harte rahenge."
(You should start focusing on your work, or else you will lose cases like this.)

Mayank's face hung low as he was feeling dejected about how he could miss such an important thing. One loss in his career would affect his career. He started thinking maybe Rudra was right. After getting married, he was neglecting his work; this was bound to happen. I was staring at my best friend, who was feeling guilty, as I could read his expression. He can be annoying at times, but that doesn't deny the fact that he has been with me through my ups and downs. Now I am regretting my words; I shouldn't have mocked him. I closed my laptop and took a seat beside him.

"Don't feel regret for spending time with your loved ones and not focusing on your work. I had said earlier that you could take leave for a few more days, but you never listened to me. Just stop thinking about this case. I am here to solve the mess. Just go to your wife and spend some time; she must be waiting for you." Mayank just nodded his head.
Sukruti is more like a sister to me. She is the same age as my sister. Though Mayank and she had a rough start, everything works according to Mahadev's will, and they are together.

"But I never wanted to burden you with my share of responsibilities."
Oh god, now it feels like my best friend is back. That dramatic self of him is back.

"Will you go willingly, or I'll throw you out?"

"Okay fine!" Mayank sighed and left.

Now I have to work out this mess.

I started working like a maniac. And finally, when my work was completed, I glanced at my watch to find it's 1 a.m. Today I was not in the mood to return to my apartment. I know if I reach there, the feeling of loneliness will embrace me, not that I am complaining. Because this void can only be filled by one woman.

_______________________________________________

So here comes the first chapter. Next chapter will be focusing on Devika's life style.

Do vote and comment your reviews.