Chapter 9

Lydia packed her things, very few but she felt they were important, they were mostly books. Lydia never went to school like her mates but her mother taught her to read and write and she loved reading.

"Karen do you think I'll be able to see the sunlight again?" Lydia asked Karen obviously being dramatic. Karen laughed heartily hearing the silly question.

Karen never knew Luther would request her presence in his chamber  this soon but she trusted that he wouldn't do anything too explicit with her so she was comfortable. She knew he was a very protective man and would make sure she was safe so she wasn't too worried.

Suzan and Lucy were standing by the room door watching her pack her things. Suzan had a very snarly angry expression which she tried to hide. They never liked Lydia since she stepped foot into the house but always pretended to. Suzan is the Queen's maid but when she's not in town, she cleaned up Luther's room trying as hard as she could to seduce Luther but Luther seemed to be uninterested in all her advances. He could easily have slammed her head on his study table and blew her back out but he didn't seem interested.

"Alright now baby, let me escort you to your room and don't worry, you can come see whenever you like" Karen assured Lydia. Lydia's eyes brighten up immediately. She thought she'd be locked up in there forever or something.

Lydia started at Karen with dreamy eyes. Tears welled up in them. She immediately broke down in her arms, she wanted to be in those arms forever. She behaved like a mother to her, the mother she didn't have.

"If I ever got married, you'd walk withme down the isle or something", she sniffled and smiled. Karen wiped her tears and smiled. Lydia reminded her of her daughter in every situation so there's no way she could ever turn away from her responsibilities as a mother. The job of making her daughter feel safe and loved. And Lydia gave her the opportunity to raise a daughter once again, A blessing in disguise, isn't it?

"Lydia, see you around, im always here if you need someone to talk to", Lucy stole the hug from karen. Suzan walked in too trying to act like a fake friend knowing fully well how much she hates Lydia.

She put on a fake smile and followed Lydia out of the room with karen.

Lydia smiled at them before proceeding to Luther's chamber with Karen.

Karen helped Lydia arrange her clothes and books and soon enough Lydia was left alone in her room. This room was much more better than the last one, beautiful decorated, looked like something that belonged to a queen.

****

Lydia continued to do her chores for Luther, most of the time he wasn't home but she saw him mostly at night time when she served his dishes. He was always quiet when she served him. Luther couldn't wait for her to be 18, he knew what he wanted and he couldn't wait for her to be naked on his bed. He usually smirked to him self at night when he's stroding down the forests with Dimitri behind him asking him irrelevant questions.

Dimitri knew exactly what he wanted and he was scared for her because he knew he didn't just want her on his bed.

****

News has reached Lydia that the queen was returning in a week and she had to be in her best behavior. Lucy had briefed her on how mean she was and found mistakes in every little thing anyone did, sounds poisonous.

A week camera sooner than expected and it was the day of the Queen's arrival. All the servants were gathered at the front yard with their heads bowed as the carriage pulled up.

The Queen's personal guard put out his hand for her to grip for support out of the carriage.

She was extravagantly beautiful. Much more beautiful than Lydia expected, she was left in awe and totally forgot her head was supposed to be down. The Queen's gaze fell on Lydia who didn't even notice she was being stared at, all she knew was she was staring at the Queen's beautiful body.

" Oh? She a new maid? Quite rude, you didn't know your head is supposed to be bowed?", the queen called lydia out. She immediately bowed deeper knowing she may be in worse trouble.

"I'm sorry my queen, you're just too beautiful", she learnt how to flatter from her mother. Lydia's mother always told Lydia that if she offends someone, she should flatter the person, it works like a charm.

" Hmph", the queen walked quickly into the mansion with suzan running behind her.

The servants were all dismissed and went to continue their various jobs.

" Suzan who's that girl?", the queen questioned while having her meal. Suzan felt an ick with the thought of Lydia.

" My queen, she was brought in by the master about two months ago, i do not know where he found her but she was badly injured and had passed out but received treatments. She was later employed as his personal maid because she complained that she had no where to go". The queen spat the water she was about to drink and quickly dabbed it from her lips.

" Where's my son?", she stood up and sneezed angrily before walking to his chamber.

" Luther, you didn't even come to greet your sweet mother", she rubbed Luther's cheeks. Luther hated being touched by anyone including his mother but she always ignores that. Only Karen understood him, at some point, he considered Karen more like his mother.

Luther was sitted in his garden bench reading a book he had picked up from Lydia's bed " The tales of Nevada".

"Welcome back my queen", Luther bowed. He showed no one much respect like the way he showed his mother, Anne.

Anne smiled at her grown up son, the only one she had due to circumstances.

"Thank you my prince", she used her fingers to raise his chin up to look at her.

" Let's sit", he said.

" How was your journey? How was your stay? Any challenges while you were there?"

" It was fine son. All my challenges were taken care of by Ran" Ran was the Queen's bodyguard which she trusted so much.

Anne thought to her self if it would be okay to ask him about Lydia now or maybe tomorrow but her intrusive thoughts got the best of her. So she decided to ask.

"Luther, who's that new maid they say is your personal maid?"

Luther stared at his mother wondering where all this question is coming from.