Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes trying to adjust to the light being displayed through the window by our dear sunlight. I was welcomed my Karen's beautiful smile as she sat beside my bed holding my hands.

"Hey gorgeous queen", her smile grew as I turned to look at her, she was absolutely beautiful, I never realized how beautiful she was because last night I wasn't really in my right senses. Her brown hair looked so shiny like it had been drenched in some rich coconut oil, her pale but white skin scented like the rose oil she had massaged my body with yesterday, she smelled so good.

Her lips were lightly red and her height was also so remarkable, she should be a 5"10. So perfect, just like my mother. Although mother didn't look too shiny like this woman infront of me.

" Hi Karen, thanks so much for yesterday, you're so beautiful" I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful skin and slightly wrinkled forehead, she seemed to be a woman in her late 40s. She was still wearing her maid clothes. Her smile is pretty, is she even human? The colour of her eyes alone, so brown, they're pretty and match with her hair, so many remarkable details.

" No no dear, I'm only following the master's orders, I was ordered to take good care of you as the head of the maids. He entrusted you to me and I'm only doing my job, we need to get you cleaned up and dressed, we're going down to introduce you to the other staffs" she smiled sweetly and her cheeks looked a bit flushed. 'This woman is the emotional type and she loves praises, that's good, I'll shower her with praises everyday, she deserves it'

****

She bathed and dressed me so nicely, she put my ginger coloured hair in a rough bun, my hair was curly just like mother's, my reddish brown coloured hair matched with my eyes, my mum said my reddish brown eye colour was really rare but I had them, she said i got them from my grandmother. My skin was also white but not pale like Karen's, I had a bit of freckles around my nose and cheeks.
I was roughly 5"4 tall, I felt a bit intimidated by Karen when she stood behind me.

She dressed me in a brown cotton material dress, the dress looked like that of a princess if not a queen, it fit my skin so perfectly, she said it belonged to the master's late younger sister who was 15yrs old when she died of food poisoning from a family rival. They have lots of enemies like she said. I mean with a mansion like this and such services, why won't they have enemies.

After making me look absolutely gorgeous and amazing, she applied more rose oil around my neck for the wounds around my neck.

"My princess we're set to go" my cheeks flushed by the sound of someone calling me a princess, I did look like one at that moment but it was still heart warming.

" Please stop karen, I'm only but a poor villager who got lost but saved by the master, wearing all these clothes still wont cover  my identity, oh and I would love to see the master and thank him too". She smiled and stared at me with tears welled up in her eyes.

" Karen are you ok? You seem sad" I guided her to sit down on the bed and also sat with her.

" Im sorry Lydia, I just miss my daughter, she got killed in a stampede of raging warrior who were attacking our village, I've not been stable since then, the village got burnt down with no houses left" she sniffled and wiped her tears while i rubbed her back to calm her down.

"But the master helped me fight for my daughter, he killed almost all the soldiers who went to terrorize my village and also killed their leader then took over the land.