(131) July 25, 2020

Message

"Just text her!" Mav urged, sounding annoyed and impatient.

"What?"

Mav rolled his eyes at Primo. "Just send the message."

So, he saw my attempts to message Miara, huh? Primo thought.

Fico, who was at the shotgun seat turned his back to the two of them. "Don't mind him, Mav. He still can't admit it to himself."

Primo shook his head and turned to the window instead. He's starting to regret that he went with Atien and Fico to fetch their other cousin, Mav.

"Who is this girl, though?" Before anyone could even answer, Mav let out a chuckle. "Is this the condo-mate?"

Primo grunted, restraining himself from hitting his cousin. For some reason, he doesn't like it when people refer Miara as his "condo-mate".

"Shut up, please." Fico laughed at Primo's response. "Why didn't you just stay at Singapore?"

It was Mav's turn to laugh. "Because why not lah? Time to get under Guama's nerves."

"How are you holding up,?" Mav asked, now sounding a bit serious.

"What?"

"You're smart but you're slow," sarkastikong puna ni Mav.

"It would help if you ask in full sentence," sagot pabalik ni Primo.

Primo isn't exactly sure what Mav is asking about. He has a hunch but he also doesn't want to assume.

"It passes."

"The what?" Nalilito pa rin siya sa pinsan.

"The confusion, the pain, the regret, and all the what ifs..."

Sabay na napatingin sina Primo, Atien at Fico kay Mav. "Since when did you become an expert on this? Ciara reckons that you're a notorious playboy and not some love expert," ani Fico.

"I am serious!" Pagdepensa ni Mav.

"Except in relationships," pagsali ni Atien sa usapan.

Mav frowned and thought for a second before nodding. "Well, yeah, a bit on that one."

Natawa na lang silang apat dahil doon. It's been a while since the four of them were together. Sina Atien at Fico ang kadalasang magkasama. Primo can go with them, too, but he prefers to stay in his own little world. Mav, on the other hand, is geographically separated from the three.

Silang apat ang pinaka-close sa magpipinsan. They have the same age plus they share similar hobbies and interests.

"But you're different than I am, Ahia Primo. So, go send that message." Primo glared at Mav.

"No." Primo shook his head. Hindi niya alam kung bakit gusto niyang maka-text si Miara at hindi niya rin alam kung bakit hindi niya ma-send ang mensahe. "We're not that close. Plus, I don't like her romantically."

"You're just fond of her," ani Atien.

"Yeah..." wala sa sarili niyang sagot habang nilalaruan ang phone.

Ilang beses niya nang sinulat at binura ang mensahe para kay Miara. He never proofread this much and got this conscious over a message.

I'm obsessing over a message more than I ever did for my essays!

"That's the same thing!" Sabay na sambit ng tatlo na ikinagulat naman ni Primo.

"But if that's what you're saying, then, alright," Mav said with a shrug.

Nakahinga naman nang maluwag si Primo dahil sa sagot ng pinsan. He's glad that they won't pester him anymore about Miara.

"We're not gonna force you to send a message to a girl you don't like romantically," Mav added with smile. "Plus, I guess it's not that easy to move on from Cleo... I mean, wow, she's a star—"

"Shut up!" Primo glared at Mav before opening his phone. Unlike earlier, he didn't think twice and sent the message he has been editing for uncountable times.

Atien, Fico, and Mav all clapped for Primo.

"I'm glad you sent that message. I couldn't bear to give Cleo more forced and insincere compliments." Mav raised his hands and even fake-wiped his forehead as if what he did was heavy work.

"But you sent the message! That's our Ahia!" The three started clapping and cheering for him and all he could do was glare at them.

He shook his head and turned to the side, focusing his eyes on the greeneries they're passing, then letting out the smile he's been stifling.