Chapter 258: Three Dwarves Will Come (2)

Start from the beginning

I will answer that question here. I really didn't know how to make it.

Until recently, before the prophetic incidents began to burst one after another, Xenon's Biography was nothing but a 'novel' that came out of my imagination.

The appearance of the steam locomotive was also just fitting for the characteristics of the dwarves, not something I inserted with any purpose.

From societal culture and incongruent scientific and technological capabilities to the inspiration gained from Xenon's Biography, and finally, the distinctive creativity of dwarves.

The above elements formed a synergistic triad, giving birth to the 'Magical Engine'.

And the 'automobile', now proudly showing its presence in front of my eyes, is one of the results.

"Hahaha! I owe you for this. I almost had to spend the night outside, what's up with that?"

"Ah. Yes..."

I responded with a sense of melancholy as I looked at the brown-bearded dwarf laughing heartily in front of me.

True to dwarven nature, he was short and stout, with a thick beard, but his shoulders spread wide and his arms were particularly muscular.

Dwarves naturally love creating, to the point of adoring it, so they were generally blacksmiths.

The reason people call high quality items 'Dwarf-like' comes from here. The problem lies in the 'greed' that arose after experiencing the taste of money during the racial war, but it was worth it.

"You said you were the son of the lord here, didn't you? I heard something like that earlier."

A dwarf with a brown beard confidently asked while resting his hand on his waist. Speaking casually from the first meeting may seem rude on the surface, but that's how their culture is.

Dwarves worship Harte, the goddess of life and nature. The culture of equality under nature prevails among them. Although there is a "king" who rules over Makina, they are regarded separately. It's not like they spit out casual language from the first meeting either. In official situations, they politely use honorifics.

So when a dwarf with a brown beard spoke casually to me, it was a sign of gratitude and friendliness. Since I helped him in the scuffle at the entrance to the territory, it's natural to feel grateful.

I was somewhat familiar with dwarf culture, so I didn't feel particularly offended or anything. Above all, the dwarf race itself exudes cheerfulness, giving joy to those who see them.

Instead, as the son of a lord, I should show courtesy. I greeted them according to etiquette.

"Yes. I am Isaac Ducker Michelle, the youngest son of the Michelle family."

"I am Isaac's fiancée and the eldest daughter of the Duke of Requilis, Marie Hausen Requilis."

Standing by my side, Marie also elegantly greeted, lifting the hem of her dress slightly. The noteworthy point here is that she mentioned my fiancée status first. For her, emphasizing that she is my fiancée rather than the daughter of the Requilis Duchy was important.

"Ah, I see. Both of you have somewhat peculiar faces, but you make a good couple!"

"... ..."

Of course, dwarves don't know about such things. By the way, dwarves' aesthetic sense, precisely in terms of appearance, is the opposite of humans and elves. Additionally, they do not lie.

Therefore, if a dwarf says someone is ugly, you should just take it as a compliment. From the perspective of the listener, it might sound harsh, but it's inevitable due to the racial characteristics.