Escape from darkness

Having reached the exit door of the building, Luka hastily opens the door without letting go of Athena's hand and runs out of the house with her into the street.
Once on the street, Luka hurriedly begins to inspect the street to find a place where can hide for a short time and catch your breath.Having found such a place, which was a quiet alley between buildings, Luka quickly runs there with Athena and hides there.
In the alley, Luka sits down on the floor from exhaustion and takes a deep breath trying to rest.
Luka?-Athena calls out to him in surprise, there is have a note of excitement and fear in her eyes.
I everything know ! Don't be afraid! Luka calms her down, lifting his head and looking at her with confident eyes.-He won't hurt you anymore!
After listening to Luka's words, Athena calms down a little, but anxiety is considered in her face. Luka looks at her for a few minutes, assuring her with a look that everything would be fine, but then he was distracted by a slight tugging at the hood of his jacket.
Wait here for now, don't go anywhere! I'll be right there!- Luka asks Athena to stay put.
Athena nods to him in agreement, and Luke leaves her for another place.
What is Sass? Luka asks with whisper to his kwami.
Are you sure you're ready to fight him? - Kwami Sass asks him. - After all, Zoferos is a dangerous and special villain that we have never met anywhere, even in our world! It seems that he is driven by other goals, and that makes him mysterious! When I first saw him, I felt his terrible and sinister energy emanating from him!
Yes, Sass," Luka answers him confidently- There's no way I'm going to let Athena stay with this monster! Because of this Zoferos, Athena cannot feel emotions normally, and when she feels them, it brings her pain! Let him do what he wants, but he won't get Athena!
Okay, then what are you going to do? Kwami Sass asks him.
I will fight to the last and will not back down until Athena is safe from him - Luka confidently tells him - But do not forget that I have a Second Chance that will give me endless opportunities to try to protect Athena from Zoferos, if something goes wrong, I will immediately just rewind time and save her again.
Don't tell me you"ll transforms into Viperion in front of her? -Kwami Sass asks Luka in surprise.
Is this the only way to save her from Zoferos, Sass," Luka answers him- Or do you want him to use her again as a thing, in his evil plans?
No, of course not. No way in the world," kwami-Sass answers him, spreading her arms out to the sides.
Then go ahead! Let's start the plan to save Athena from the oppression of Zoferos! -Luka tells him confidently. Instead of answering, Sass nods his head in agreement.
Then Luka returns to Athena and, taking a deep breath, said a mysterious phrase in front of her: Sass, scales slither! After pronouncing , he turns from an ordinary guy into a slender and muscular superhero in a snake costume to Viperion.
After seeing Luka transform into a superhero, Athena wasn't really surprised by this, instead she smiled slightly to herself, as if she knew or suspected his superhero identity. But suddenly the smile disappeared from her face, because she heard a noise that came from behind from them.
He's here! Athena says in a timid voice and her hands begin to tremble.
Who, Zoferos? Where? -Luka asks to Athena in surprise and looks out of the wall of the building to notice him on the street -What I don't see him here!
From behind!- Athena warns him - He moves around the world with the help of smoke!
Listening to Athena's warning, Viperion immediately turns back and sees that a small smoke is levitating behind them, which gradually increases in size turning into a large smoke from which the familiar white hot eyes of Zoferos begin to appear. Realizing that they have been discovered, Viperion grits his teeth, grabs Athena by the hand and runs out of a secluded alley of buildings and he runs with her into another alley to hide from Zoferos, who was slowly being chased in the form of smoke.
But wherever they were hiding, Zoferos always found them, appearing behind them or next to them and they constantly had to run away from him. Fortunately for them, he decided not to appear in the alley they hid in, probably just sparing the fugitives and giving them a break.
He is strong and cunning villain than I thought, In vain I should not have underestimated him-Viperion recognizes the power of Zoferos and takes a breath.
What should we do, wherever we run, he always finds us? -Athena asks him.
If we can't hide from him, then we'll do it in a tricky way! Viperion smiles slyly at her.
Athena was surprised by Viperion's words, but a plan had already been prepared in his head. And when Zoferos decided to appear in front of them, Viperion began to implement his plan, he grabbed her hand and ran out of the alley. Then when Zoferos started chasing them, instead of hiding in an alley, started running around the one same building in the hope of confusing Zoferos, he used Athena's tactics, which she used when they play in catching up. And he did it because after such running chases around the one same building, Zoferos really stumbled and stopped on the third lap behind of building. When he saw that Zoferos had stopped chasing them, Viperion also stopped running around and ran with Athena into the first alley he came across.
While he be recovering from running around and will begin trying to find us, we have time to take a break and run away before he notices us- Luka explains to the surprised Athena and takes a deep breath.
Viperion then transforms back into Luka and in his human form fed his kwami to recharge it.
You know, I wanted to ask you why weren't you surprised when I turned into a Viperion? Luka asks her while his kwami has a piece of egg.
If honestly, I have long assumed that you are a superhero!-Athena confessed to him.
How did you find out?-Luka asks her in surprise.
Well, firstly, at our first meeting, you were whispering to someone, and secondly, you wear the same jewelry as the heroes who are in the mirror world, -Athena answers him.
Here, I'm a fool, I should have hidden somewhere by the first time we met, so that you wouldn't notice me whispering to someone, but I stupid and started whispering to Sass next to you!- Luka blames for his stupidity by lifting his head and putting his hand on his forehead.
Yes, this your the joint- says him his kwami Sass, finally finishing a piece of egg.
Then they laughed out loud together at Luka's gaffe, then abruptly quieted down, afraid that Zoferos would discover them by  their laughing. After spending some time in the alley, Luka turns back into a Viperion.
Are you ready? Viperion asks to Athena, turning to her. Athena smiles back at him and comes close to him, probably preparing to leave the alley.
But first, before we leave here, I'll do it just in case - says Viperion and with the fingers of his left hand slides back the snake figurehead on his Ouroboros bracelet, and thus fixes the moment in time to which he can return.
After Viperion fixed the moment in time, he took Athena by the arm and ran out of the alley with her, and they were chased by Zoferos in the form of smoke , who went running and was able to find them. Noticing that Zoferos was chasing them again, Viperion accelerated his pace to hide from him, but Zoferos still continued to chase them, also speeding up.
He's still chasing us! We can't escape him, if a dark mirror appeared here, which is the way out of here, then we had a chance to escape from him - Viperion thinks to himself, looking back to see how Zoferos is gradually approaching them.
Suddenly, a dark mirror appeared in front of them, just as Viperion had hoped. Without hesitation, he gripped Athena's hand tightly and pulled her through the mirror, which teleported them from the lair of darkness to the Midnight Town. But what they didn't know was that Zoferos also followed them and managed to enter the mirror, thus teleporting with them.Once in a dark alley in the Midnight City Viperion and Athena runs out of the alley into the street of the city, holding her hand, while Zoferos mysteriously disappeared from the place where they appeared.
Continuing to run along the street of the city where it is always night in the hope of reaching the main mirror, which is the exit from the mirror world, fortunately no one pursues them. But their happy thoughts of a peaceful escape are disturbed by a familiar voice that comes from behind them:Don't stupid, give her to me and then maybe I'll think and I don't be touch you!
For her to relive this horror again, for nothing in the world!- Viperion responds to the voice and runs with Athena into the first alley he sees.
At this time, smoke appears in the place where they were running, from which the white burning eyes of Zoferos appear and then his entire body. When he fully appears, he looks around, which when he does, his mantle develops in a wave, when he finishes looking around, he smirks to herself.
"Think again, I'm giving you a great chance to escape without incident!" Zoferos addresses Viperion from afar.
Do what you want - Viperion's voice rang out from the alley- But you won't see her here anymore!
You people are so naive that you are so immersed in your thoughts that you do not see the real picture of what is happening in this world. -Zoferos says, smirks to himself.
What are you getting at?- Viperion asked him from the alley, obviously not understanding what Zoferos meant by that.
I'm saying that you're so blinded by your desire to protect her that you're missing your chance to get away unscathed!-Zoferos answers him.
If you want me to give you Athena, then I tell you again, do what you want!- Viperion furiously declares to him,
Do what want, means yes?-Zoferos asks himself-Okay, then you'll have to get to know my "children."
What kind of children is he talking about? Does the darkness have children? -Viperion asks himself, obviously again not understanding which children Zoferos was talking about, looking out of the alley.
Mirror Shadows - Athena answers Viperion's questions. Viperion immediately turns to her when he hears what Athena is saying to him and starts listening to her.
He's talking about mirror shadows. These creatures come out of the cracks that are located throughout the mirror world. Of course, these cracks are not visible now, because they are now so small that they cannot be seen, but when they expand  shadows begin to come out of them. He has a lot of them, and he can summon them from the cracks as much as he wants," Athena explains to him, and her hands begin to tremble.
Silence is a sign of agreement - Zoferos says from afar, noticing that Vayperion does not answer him-Wake up my children, it's time to hunt, in our domain appeared a stranger , need to drive him!-says Zoferos and rises his hands.
After these words, a thick fog begins to rise in the city, which gradually covers the entire city and covers it with a dark veil that nothing is possible see in him. Then, when the fog covered the entire city, the cracks that were everywhere in Midnight Town began to expand so that they became visible on the surfaces and black smoke came out of them,and from them , come out gray human like creatures with a shiny body that can reflect the surface like a mirror and with white eyes like Zoferos.These creatures come out of nowhere from the walls, even from the floor, some come out of them completely, some partially with only half of their body. Even they can come out several times from the same crack, depending on its size.
At this time, Viperion watched in shock in the alley as shadows come out from cracks and as the fog slowly floated towards them, covering their hiding place with a veil.While Viperion was watching from behind Athena, a huge crack opened from which a shadow climbed out and grabbed Athena.
Luka! Athena exclaimed to Viperion, who was busy exploring the area at the time. But when he heard Athena calling him, he immediately turned around and saw how the shadow was pulling her inside the crack. Seeing this, Viperion realized that the fog was just a way of covering up to hide the cracks, also so that the shadows would come out of them unnoticed and then he slides snake figurehead back on his bracelet and returned in fixed moment.
Phew. I knew this would happen! It's good that I set up this moment," Viperion sighs with relief. At that moment, Athena looked at her in surprise, not understanding what he was talking about.
Then they began to repeat all the actions they had done before, thus at a fast pace, reaching the moment when Zoferos summoned the mist and his shadows in Midnight Town. But now that moment was different, because now Viperion remembered where and after what time the crack would appear, and noticing this, he quickly ran up to Athena and pushed her out before the shadow grabbed her and dragged her inside.
After he managed to save Athena from being captured by the shadow, he ran out of the alley with her into the street. But to their great regret, he noticed that the shadows began to multiply rapidly from the cracks, some of them literally fell to the ground, which come out of the cracks on the walls. Without thinking, Viperion ran along the street with her, looking for the main mirror, and at that time a whole horde of shadows was running after them.
Also, their desperate escape was watched from behind by Zoferos, which  was already completely hidden by his body by the fog, leaving only his eyes and the outlines of his hands. He watched as his shadows desperately ran after Viperion and the Athena and grinned to himself, apparently enjoying the spectacle that he himself had created.
He reminds me so much of Odette, just as he naive and lost in his own thoughts, how and she - Zoferos says to himself, watching them escape- But wait, there's something special about him that distinguishes him from Oddeta. After all, when he entered of my liar, he was not afraid and did not run out of there, but on the contrary boldly entered and he was not afraid of my dark essence. Indeed or he... a the true warrior? Zoferos thought to himself and burned his teeth - No, there is no true warrior, these are just empty nonsense of the Mirror World.Although it will be interesting to check it out!
At this time, Viperion and Athena continued to run from the shadows that were catching up with them. They managed to break away from them, but suddenly someone grabbed Athena's leg from below, which caused her to fall to the ground. Noticing that Athena was not there next to him, Viperion right away turned and saw again a mirror shadow that was in the ground and was slowly dragging Athena by the leg into the crack.Realizing the seriosity of the situation, Viperion grits his teeth and puts the snake figurine back on his bracelet, returning back to the moment he fixed.
Either it seems to me, or I chose the wrong moment, perhaps it would be better if I took a Second Chance in the Twilight Town, in one of him alleys?- Viperion notices his mistake with a smile, being back in the alley of the dark looking glass.
A what does your Second Chance do? Athena hesitantly decided to ask Viperion.
You know...- Luka scratched the back of his head thoughtfully trying to answer to her- My Second Chance can fix a certain moment to which I can return many times after I moved this snake's head on my bracelet. Do you understood?
Athena nodded her head at him but then said: It's useless against him! He is darkness, and darkness is impossible to foresee!
And now we're going to find out! I haven't given up yet!- Viperion confidently declares, grabs Athena to the hand and runs out of the alley with her.
After that, they began to repeat their actions that they had done before, and very quickly reached the moment when they ran out of the alley of the Midnight Town and shadows began to appear from the cracks. But this time, as they ran, Viperion again remembered where and at what time the shadow was supposed to appear from the crack, and when it appeared, Viperion forcefully pushed Athena out of there and knocked her to the floor before the shadow could grab her leg.
After he managed to prevent Athena from being captured by the shadow once again, Vaperion quickly got up from the ground, lifted Athena by the hand and they continued to run from the shadows until they ran into the first alley they came across and hid there from the them.
Being in the alley, Viperion and Athena began to catch their breath from the endless chase and watching from behind the wall as the shadows in droves were looking for them, looking around.
Why did you get involved in this game? Why are you still here and haven't left? Athena asks Viperion in a trembling voice. Viperion turns to her in surprise, and listen her.
It would be better if you left here without me, he will not leave us alone while we are together - Athena continues to tell him - You have no idea how strong he is!
Viperion noticed how she was trembling with fear, put his hands on her shoulders, and Athena looked at him in surprise.
Don't worry! Everything will be fine! I will definitely save you from this nightmare and you will no longer experience suffering and pain! I'll do it no matter what it costs me!- Viperion calms her down.
Hearing  calming Viperion's  words, Athena calmed down a little, but there was still some hidden anxiety on her face.