Chapter 20: Commitment

"Hyoudou-kun?"

While he and the girl were apparently fighting outside the student council, a black-haired girl opened the door, both of them turned to see her and left their little fight aside.

"Tsubaki-san"

Mentioning the name of the girl who opened the door, she was the vice president of the student council.

"You two, what are you doing at the entrance?"

Not understanding why Issei and the girl were grabbing each other's shoulders and making a fuss outside the student council, she asked them that totally normal question.

For some reason, when he glanced at Nimura, he could tell she was nervous.

"Hmmh, Tsubaki-san... we want to see the president, can we come in?"

Taking the lead to speak was Asia who asked Tsubaki.

"Miss Asia... the president is inside, please come in"

Leaving the way free to enter the student council, Issei let go of Ruruko and started walking towards the interior of the student council, although he noticed how the girl was silent, thinking of some excuse for him not to enter, but she couldn't think of anything and let them go with an annoyed face.

In that way, both of them entered the student council, although he heard something on his back

"Ruruko-san, what were you doing? The President will get angry if you make another fuss like that, understood?"

With a stern tone, Tsubaki stayed at the entrance with an annoyed face, while looking at the girl, she could only look away with embarrassment.

---------------------------------------------------

"Hyoudou-kun and Asia-san, what brings you both here?"

Watching as both of them entered, President Souna, left a cup of tea on her desk and looked at them with a smile.

"I needed to talk to you, can we sit down?"

Nodding, both of them sat down in two chairs that were in front of the president's desk, with a smile she spoke.

"It's unusual for you to come this way, did something happen?"

She looked at both of them with curiosity, after all it was the first time they came together.

"Haah, you could say, Souna-sempai, do you know what a rating game is?"

Sighing a little he asked her, Souna diverted her gaze to the entrance, Tsubaki who had stayed at the entrance, had entered the student council, to position herself at her side, Apparently she had finished scolding Nimura.

"Before talking about that, Hyoudou-kun, do you want to play a game?"

Appearing out of nowhere a chessboard on the president's desk, Issei wondered if that was some kind of magic, she always made a board appear out of nowhere, although he has seen it many times, he wouldn't know.

"That's fine"

Crossing his arms Issei accepted the proposal, maybe playing while they talk will relieve some of the stress he has at this moment.

Moving the white pieces, the game started as well as the conversation.

"Are you adapting well to the academy, Asia-san?"

Speaking calmly, Souna asked Asia a question, who was next to Issei.

"Y-yes, I haven't had any problems... you have also been a great help..."