Chapter 19.5: Annoyance

"With your permission, I withdraw."

Disappearing from the club room through a white magic circle, the maid named Grafya said goodbye after making clear the conditions for the rating game, leaving the club room completely silent.

"Issei, I..."

Whispering that, Rias stopped, she couldn't find words to address him. After all, she had involved him, not only him, in a battle that had nothing to do with him, but also condemned her entourage in case of losing that battle, she was totally ashamed of her incompetence.

Sitting in front of Rias was Issei, with his eyes closed, next to him was Asia, who was uncomfortable looking down, because she noticed the tension between him and Rias.

Both Kiba, Koneko, and Akeno were standing behind Rias, with their eyes waiting for their mistress to speak.

Having ordered her thoughts, she opened her eyes, got up from the armchair, looked at Rias for a second, then immediately looked at Asia.

"We're leaving."

As he said that, he turned his back on Rias, calling Asia so that both of them could withdraw.

"W-wait Issei, we need to talk."

Trying to stop him, Rias stood up and took his arm to prevent him from leaving. She wanted to apologize for having involved him in all this, also for having involved Asia, as she still remembers why she brought her to her that day.

It was to protect her, so she wouldn't suffer, that was the reason why Issei sought her help for the first time, the first time he showed her trust. But now all that was in danger, if she lost, Asia would suffer, even his family would, she felt powerless for having allowed something like that.

"And I want to apologize for involving you, I really-"

"Let me go."

Being interrupted, Issei ordered her to let him go, he didn't even turn to look at her, with his arm trembling at hearing that, Rias let him go.

"Asia, will you stay there? Come."

With a much more severe voice, he called Asia, starting to walk towards the exit.

Asia immediately got up nervously, making a quick bow to apologize to Rias for Issei's attitude. Both of them left the occult club.

Sitting down, she let out a painful sigh, biting her lip, she could only look down, she had ruined everything.

"President..."

Whispering that, Akeno watched Rias, looking at the expression on her face, Akeno knew that she could start crying at any moment, hiding that expression, Rias spoke.

"I apologize to everyone...I never wanted to involve you in this way, I as your mistress...have been completely incompetent."

Clenching her fists and apologizing to her slaves, all she could do was look helplessly at the floor, without even the will to look them in the eyes and apologize decently, she apologized in that pathetic way.

"President, you shouldn't apologize for that, we know you couldn't do anything to avoid it."

Touching Rias's shoulder, Akeno tried to reassure her, everyone in the club knew that much of the blame was not Rias's, even Akeno believes that Issei knows it too, that Rias would never do anything to harm or harm Asia or any member of her entourage.

"I'm with Akeno-san, besides if Grafya-sama and Sirzech-sama accepted something like this, they must have some hidden motive, so you shouldn't be pessimistic."