Chapter 3: Yuuma amano

The mission they ordered was simple, to watch over Issei Hyoudo. Although this type of work was normally assigned to low-ranking fallen angels, it was annoying and boring to have to take care of it anyway. So he decided to have a little fun and act on his own.

"E-excuse me, are you Issei Hyoudou from Kuoh Academy?"

Feigning visible shyness, he asked his target that question.

"Yes, why?"

With unnatural confidence and a suspicious look, Reynare hesitated a bit. According to the information given about his target, he was an ordinary high school boy ignorant of the existence of a world beyond his own. It was impossible for him to suspect anything.

"Hyoudo-kun, are you dating anyone?"

With a fake nervous smile and pleading eyes, she asked him that question. Looking at him closely, for some reason she felt that he wasn't surprised by that question. It was strange. He was supposed to be an outcast at his academy, not popular with women. This question should have surprised him enormously coming from a girl as attractive as her. But he reacted as if he had been asked this question dozens of times before.

"No, not currently."

Hearing that somewhat gruff affirmation, she feigned happiness. Although she already knew his circumstances.

"Phew, that's good. You... would you go out with me?"

"I always see you crossing this bridge, so I... fell in love with you. So... what do you think?"

She said that with feigned blushing and shyness. It wasn't unusual for her to use these kinds of deceptions and lies. You could say it was her way of life. Lying, deceiving and in the end killing was something she loved. In the end she couldn't resist acting when she was assigned to watch over this naive boy. Wanting to see his last moments of life, seeing his eyes of resignation as he is drowning in his own blood, was something that gave her satisfaction. Although of course, that wasn't the only reason behind wanting to kill him.

"You haven't told me your name yet."

Oh, something so basic had slipped her mind. Lost in her thoughts, she forgot something as simple as introducing herself.

"T-that's right, Yuuma Amano."

With real nervousness, she introduced herself in a somewhat pathetic way. Although considering the circumstances, maybe it could seem cute to introduce herself late. Although it was still pathetic.

"Yuuma eh? Sure, I'll go out with you Yuu~ma-chan."

Hearing those words of affirmation, she felt there was a hint of mockery in them. Noticing it for some reason gave her a chill. It wasn't just because of that, the way he said it, his smile, the way he looked at her were not natural.

"T-that's fine, I'll take care of you Issei-kun."

She responded a bit late and nervously, a superior being like her, feeling something as unnatural as chills from a human, was undoubtedly pathetic. Maybe he was some kind of freak after all. She had heard that he was a perverted beast, maybe that had something to do with it. But it didn't matter, he was a normal human after all. He would be her toy to shake off the boredom of this long week, so she would be more relaxed when Asia arrived. Anyway, the first step is done.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Walking alongside him, they were heading towards Kuoh Academy. Although she had the excuse of walking together since their academies were supposedly close, she really only did it to observe his reaction. Although there was none, just a small smile that seemed unnatural on his face. She hesitated a bit when she saw it. What is he thinking? Although she knew he was a human, when she looked into his eyes, she couldn't understand at all what he was thinking inside.