Many things were weird in these circumstances and Unaiza's involvement was one of them.

That night when he decided to talk to Unaiza, he had an idea in his mind that she was pushing herself in this marriage because of her bad habit of not being able to say no. He wanted to have a serious discussion with her to say no fearlessly if that was the case.

But once she said that one of the reasons for this marriage for her was the seek of the comfort of this house by permanently living here, he was amazed. There was no tension on her face when she said it. Maybe Sarim's incident had affected her mental state drastically. He felt bad for her but what could he do? He himself was not given any choice by his own father. At one point, it was Unaiza, then his mother, and at the other one, it was him. However, he didn't want to surrender more than he wanted here. That was his life and he didn't want to live it under someone else's instructions and with a girl he didn't think of in that light. Hence he is supposed to use another method of Unaiza. He brought up the talks of his second marriage. Maybe now Unaiza would become worried and decline.

The refusal of this marriage from Unaiza wouldn't come in a bad taste. None would say anything to her because that was her right. Aqia would become appeased one day or another. Besides, things would get better once he would achieve his goal. He would fight with this whole world to meet his mother. But Unaiza's expressions and body language still didn't change when he said he would bring a second wife anytime soon.

What the hell was wrong with this girl?

Maybe she was so enthralled by the idea of living here that she wasn't realizing what he was saying.

He couldn't hurt her and that added up to another bigger problem. This marriage was inevitable now and the only way out of this mess was to accept Unaiza as a wife. But how could he do that? She was not his ideal type.

As Huzaifa came back into his room after having those words with Unaiza, he recalled in how worst trouble he was in right now. He wished it wasn't her. It would have been such a fun to show Mr. Tashfeen that he was also his son. But now he couldn't wake up the monster inside of him because it was that stupid Glasses whom he cared for. Her aloofness hadn't brought anything good.

But if Unaiza didn't have any issue with his second marriage, why should he worry about it then?

                          _______________

The new morning was fresh and refreshing. Huzaifa woke up by the sounds of the chirping of the birds and a foolish noise coming from outside. He groaned in frustration realizing what it was. Today was the ceremony of His and Unaiza's mehndi. Getting up, he moved his hands carelessly in his hair and left the bed. After taking a warm shower, he felt at ease. As he came back to his room in nothing but a sweatpants, he got more irritated by the giggling of the girls. They were here because of the function of their marriage.

He hoped that the wedding would occur quickly so that he could focus back on his work, while of course, doing another thing as well that was to infuriate his father more.

Huzaifa wore a black body-hugging T-shirt. After combining his hair, he sprinkled perfume on himself, getting bathed in a fragrant scent. Suddenly a few words played at the back of his mind, making him stop.

Are you seeing your beloved son's acts? He is doing a work that no one did in our family and it is considered a taboo in the society. He was flirting with a girl by, God forbid, holding her hands and doing other useless things and the whole world was seeing him. How will we be able to face the whole world now? Did you even think about it, Aqia,"

A sinful smirk crossed his lips remembering his father's statement about him a few months back when he was talking to his mother on the phone. His brain matched every dot quickly and he laughed slightly while looking into his reflection in the mirror as he rubbed his lower jaw.

Things could still work in his own way if he wanted and played a bit smartly.

Huzaifa came out of the room and was about to go downstairs to join everyone when his eyes caught the attention of Unaiza who was currently looking so exhausted as a beautician was applying mehendi on her hands and arms. She still had those big classes sitting on her nose tips as she was listening to something the other woman said with a smile on her lips.

In that same yellow-colored bridal dress with haldi over her arms and cheeks, she wasn't looking that bad. He had praised her last night out of the last resort to bring a reaction out of her for the remark of the second wife. But now realized; he wasn't completely wrong. She looked fine to him right now. Not that drop-dead gorgeous but not unattractive either.

Huzaifa scoffed at this sight. She would always interrupt him from utilizing his plan to the full extent. God, he couldn't even think about doing anything to harm her.

Ishmal came over to Unaiza and she made him drink water. Something should be done before it is too late. Something to portray himself as a flirt, playboy, or shameless as his father often called him. A sly smile occupied his lips at this. He wished this could stop this marriage.

He smiled at Unaiza when their gaze met but he didn't expect her to choke on her water because of their eye contact. He removed a flower and then made it drop on her lap. For a moment, he wanted to stop so that Ishmal and the other girls could see him but then he moved away. The game should be played in bits and pieces if he wanted freedom.

Shameless. He mumbled under his breath as he chuckled at his own words.

I would tell you, Mr. Tashfeen what being shameless really is. You hadn't seen my shameless demeanor yet.

                 __________________

Exactly a few hours before the night when the function was decided, Huzaifa reached Unaiza's room again. She again became flabbergasted at his sudden arrival and quickly grabbed her dupatta from the bed before placing it on her shoulder. She had just come out of the washroom and found Huzaifa standing near her study table, glancing at her bare open diary. She was just writing her thoughts in her diary when suddenly the cream salad she was eating fell on her lap.

"Why did you come again, Huzaifa?" She questioned in panic before rushing over to him.

She feared that he wouldn't read the diary as she had only written about him in the new pages which were acting as an invitation for him to lay a second glance at it for him right now.

                 ________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ hi guys!

How are you?

A new chapter.

Liked it?

We finally got to know Huzaifa's perspective. What do you think of this?

Will he be able to stop this marriage?

Will he read Unaiza's diary and know about her love for him?

Plz vote and comment ❤❤