Chapter 17

Rex was by Infernus's side the moment he was informed that she was in labor.

Lucifer was impatiently pacing up and down the room.

"Lucifer, you're gonna wear out the carpet." Zeronos complained but he understood him.

A demon and human hybrid had never been born before and from the records that stated that a hybrid was born, it eventually died the minute it came out of the mother's womb.

Rex was having Raphael use the book of Phalanx. The pinnacle of everything that the Great Magician Phalanx had learned and written down. The book itself held no value to Rex personally but Phalanx was touted as the only one who was the closest to inheriting the mantle of the God of Regeneration.

Rex thought that if the baby were to have complications, Raphael would step in.

As the room echoed with Infernus's screams, it suddenly had heard a new voice.

"My liege. It's a boy and there are no complications." The nurse reported.

UWAHHH!!!!

Everyone suddenly heard another baby cry.

"My liege!!! Lady Infernus gave birth to a girl as well!! They're twins!!!!"

The room was filled with cheers.

"How is she?" Rex asked Raphael.

"All she needs is rest my liege."

With that Rex could finally breathe a sigh of relief. When the nurse wanted to let Rex hold his child he rejected it.

"The mother should always be the first to hold their child"

When Rex saw Infernus with their 2 kids. He was happy.

Lucifer then burst into the room and he adored the both of them.

"What do you think we should call them?" Infernus asked.

"Let's go with what we discussed back then." Rex smiled.

The boy would then be known as Aros and the girl would be known as Sasha.

The babies were then moved to the nursing area but not before Rex filled up the room with the shadows of the gods that he absorbed before.

'The top gods from Greek,Norse and Hindu should be enough'

Right outside the room he had Chronos stand guard alongside Beelzebub who volunteered.

"Sheesh. Forget an intruder not even a god could escape from that room alive."  Lucifer joked.

Rex held Infernus's hand and kissed her.

"Get some rest."

Rex left with Lucifer in tow.

"You're leaving..... aren't you?" Lucifer asked while they walked.

Rex shook his head.

"Not now but probably in the near future."

"Your kids will hate you."

Rex stopped and faced him.

"CODE VOID"

Lucifer instantly became serious.

"Didn't we purge them all?"

"No. In my world, I guess we lost the war."

During Rex's time in the school, he would often look at history books and records and with his authority as an S ranker most information are easily accessible by him. That was when he found out that the Great Catastrophe also happened but further into the past and that now he guessed that the gods were carefully nurturing them.

"How do you know?" Lucifer asked still skeptical.

Two Moniques rose from the ground.

"How do you explain this then?"

Lucifer snickered.

"You can't take them all on yourself. The Zodiacs and Heavenly Guard bastards were extremely troublesome even with all of us there."

Rex sighed.

"I can't let you all be involved in this anymore. This is the world you guys earned for yourselves."

Asking for more would be too burdensome.

When Lucifer was about to say something, they felt an immense pressure.

Everyone on Rizakith felt it and stopped celebrating.

"They're here." Rex spoke.

"Damn it!!!" Lucifer shouted.

Using his skill Lucifer spoke to everyone.

"This is a Class S threat. All military personnel converge at the courtyard and make sure that all civilians have evacuated to the Garden."

Rex jumped out of the building and reached the courtyard first and looked up.

Four figures slowly made their way down and barely stopped outside of the barrier.

Rex flew up to meet them.

"This is a first isn't it?" One of them spoke.

Rex looked at the youngest looking one out of the group with serious eyes.

"I thought we agreed to keep to ourselves...... Luminara."

She only smiled before speaking.

——————————————————

Back in Rase.

Jent was sparing with Rade or more like he was enduring her one sided beatdown in order to vent her anger.

"Isn't he just someone who awakened?"

"Am I wrong?"

Jent merely kept quiet and the questions she asked him. He knew from personal experience that it's better to just let her get off some steam.

Soon the punching stopped.

"Forgive me Jent."

"Finally snapped out of it?"

The moment Rade woke up from her battle with Rex she immediately dragged Jent to the arena and started hitting him relentlessly.

"Even though he really just awakened the way he fought you was as if he was a seasoned awakened."

"Which irks me even more" Rade complained.

Jent could only sigh. Rade had a nasty habit of breaking the new awakened especially if they were S rank.

"But ever since the festival at his school, he has been a no show."

Rade was looking at the ground before facing Jent again.

"Are you serious?"

There was no possible way that he would just disappear right?

"Maybe he is in a time dungeon?" Rade explained.

Jent shook his head.

He had already asked Worg about it but Rex was currently not clearing any gates as of now.

Jent however felt as if Rex's disappearance was some kind of ominous sign. That a cog in the machine suddenly began turning and the machine that was stalling started to function again.

As if proving his instinct right, a giant shadow covered the entire arena.

Writer note: Hi readers. This is my first time talking to you all on this platform. I would first like to thank all my readers for reading and liking/voting my novel as never in my wildest dreams would it get so popular despite its irregular releases.

I have been overtaken with personal issues this past year and so I was not able to update so much but I will try releasing about 3-5 chapters a week.

Once again. Thank you for enjoying my novel and see you all in the next chapter.