Chapter 8

Rex sighed.

The gate inside was too boring and the monsters were so weak that it would be embarassing to turn them.

Rex walked around and stopped abruptly.

"That place......."

Rex smirked as he gave Monique a look and he disappeared.

"What did you do?" Infinity asked.

Rex pointed to the building with a pointed roof.

"That place is where I first awakened when i came to this world."

The reason why he sent Monique there was because he left something there but never got around to retrieving it.

Rex still cleared any of the monsters he came across until Monique appeared and respectfully offered the object in his hands to his liege.

"Isn't that......" Infinity spoke as if it couldn't believe what it was seeing.

Rex nodded as he twirled the spear around.

"Longinus Smasher"

Infinity felt as if he wanted to smash Rex's head in.

"WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT LEAVES A LEGENDARY WEAPON USED IN THE ANCIENT WAR LYING AROUND LIKE ITS COMMON TRASH!!!"

Rex held his head as if in pain.

"I get it.... I get it Infinity.... mind toning down a bit my head hurts."

"LET IT HURT YOU IDIOT" Infinity fumed.

If Longinus was taken it would have been a very big headache if it was used in the wrong hands.

Rex smiled as he held Longinus.

Was it around this time? That he met Infernus?

He hoped that just maybe Infernus was here but it was useless.

"Still thinking about her?" Infinity asked.

Rex nodded. He knew that it was just wishful thinking on his part but maybe she did meet someone else in the end.

PING

[You have cleared the dungeon]

A display presented itself infront of him.

"I guess it was worth turning Monique" Rex smiled.

As he began walking to the exit he could notice Infinity staring at him.

"What is it?"

"How did you come to possess the Longinus Smasher? And MOST IMPORTANTLY WHY IS IT TREATED LIKE COMMON TRASH!!!!" Infinity screamed.

Rex chuckled.

"Its a gift from Ashborn's treasury and also the reason why I left it in my old place was because my body couldn't handle it"

Infinity was deep in thought.

It would be no surprise for Longinus to be in the hands of one of the old gods but why would Ashborn gift it to him?

"Did Ashborn see something in Rex?" Infinity mumbled.

It was an unspoken rule that Divine Artifacts and Weapons should never be in mortal hands as they would be corrupted by it but for Ashborn to break the rule and gift it to Rex.

Infinity then realised something.

"Rex, give it to me now."

Rex looked at Infinity strangely but gave it anyway.