Chapter 2

Rex opened his eyes and sat up straight.

"Doctor!!!!" a female voice shouted out.

Rex recognised the voice but he couldn't believe it.

"Mother??"

The woman that was beside him hugged him.

"My Rex you came back...."

Rex was in turmoil right now.

Hadn't it been 10000 years? How could his family be alive?

"What year is it?"

"What are you saying? Its 2022."

Rex was shocked.

"You are extremely lucky boy."

A doctor walked into the room.

"Most people would never wake up from a coma this quickly."

"How long was I out?"

"1 hour."

Rex opened his eyes wide. One hour? He spent 10000 years in that hellish place but only a hour passed here?

"I think I need to lie down." Rex sighed.

"Mhhmmm, if you feel any pain whatsoever feel free to call for me. We will keep you under observation for at least a month."

"A month?" Rex questioned.

"You brat. Your body was fully exposed to the unknown particles of the portal that opened up in the middle of the city and you were the only one that didn't just disintegrate"

Rex kept quiet after that.

The doctor thought of this as him finally listening then just left.

"Son are you ok?"

Rex turned to his left and saw his worried mother holding his hand tightly. How he missed this.

"Im fine, Mother" Rex smiled.

"Mother? And not Mom? Are you really ok?"

Rex chuckled and nodded his head.

He forgot that he was always the delinquent in his family.

A month passed.

Alot has changed in this world in a month. Rex realised that he only remembered the good things when he was in that place but now that he returned he was met with the scornful eyes of his father and siblings who only see him as a burden.

Well it couldn't be helped considering the way he acted in the past and only his mother would look at him with such warm eyes.

"If all else fails....... I'll at least protect you, Mom" Rex mumbled.

In this one month, Rex tested to see whether he still had his powers and he still could feel it but for some reason he could not bring it out and that his body was reverted back to a human.

"The body I went through so much pain to attain was taken away from me just like that ?" Rex complained.

Rex could at least still feel the blessings of Nozdormu within his body so if he really wanted his original body back he needed to push himself.

"Rex? I'm coming in. " A female voice sounded from behind the door.

"Mother? I thought you had work today?"

"You silly child. Today is the day you are finally coming home of course I can make time for it."

Rex chuckled.