Part 32

"Mila oh my God!" Sam was almost screaming on FaceTime with Mila. "You are actually living the dream girl."

Mila felt herself blushing as she looked at the ring again. "I know Sam, I'm so excited to see you again though, I can't believe I'm missing work."

"You have a good reason to enjoy it though, you have me." Sam placed a hand under his chin and smiled sarcastically at his phone.

"She has me too Sam, don't forget." Charles spoke from off screen, reading a book while listening to Mila's conversation.

"Yes Charles, but she can see you all the time, she only gets to see me when we're working."

"That is true Charlie, we barely see each other." Mila placed a hand on his shoulder, smiling softly. He smiled back at her.

"I'll talk to you later Sam, I can't wait to see you." Mila blew a kiss at her phone and angled it towards Charles as he waved goodbye.

"See you soon Mils, try not to have anymore major life events before I see you again."

"I'll try my best Sam, bye!"

~~~~

"Do you think you'll stay working at Sky after this season?" Charles asked his fiancée after she had hung up.

"I would like to. I don't think the marriage will change my mind too much. Kids would be the first thing to change my mind."

"You definitely want kids?" Charles's eyes lit up as he asked the question.

"One hundred percent. I never wanted kids with he who shall not be named, but with you everything changed." Mila could almost feel her pupils dilate as she spoke about having kids with Charles. They were a shining example of how two very hurt people could come together and create a love more beautiful than either could have imagined.

Unbeknownst to Mila, Charles felt almost the exact same way. "I always wanted to have kids. I thought Alex would have been the one for me to have them with though. I have to be honest, I was really in love with her. But you know how that ended."

Mila made a face at Charles. "If you two didn't break up do you think we would be together?"

"I have no idea. But you and I have something that I have never experienced before, every time I look at you my heart skips a beat, my stomach flips every time you say my name, and I haven't been able to imagine a life without you since the day I met you." The sincerity burned in his eyes.

Mila felt a tear roll down her cheek.

No one has ever said anything remotely as nice to me before. The love we share is something out of a book.

"Save it for the vows Leclerc." Mila sniffed slightly, using her cuff to wipe away her tears.

Charles placed a hand on her cheek, cupping it softly as he used his thumb to trace the lines her tears had made. "I'll tell you how much I love you until the day I die Mila. That's a promise."

~~~~

The press had been trying to contact the couple as if their lives depended on it. News of their engagement had spread like wildfire after the photos of them outside the jewellery store, and more of only Charles leaving the next morning, had been released.

Media day at Zandvoort was mayhem. Mila wasn't used to the paparazzi looking for her even when she wasn't with Charles, so she ended up having to walk around the worker's areas to avoid them.

"Oh my goodness Sam, this has been the most chaotic day of my life." Mila sighed as she sunk into her chair at her desk.

"I can imagine Mila, you're the hottest wag on the paddock right now."

"I know, what a hard life I have." Mila placed her hand over her forehead dramatically.

"How are you anyway, have you started wedding planning yet? I will be a part-time planner for free if you need me."

"I haven't even had time to think about it yet to be honest. I don't think the wedding will be for a while though."

"Yeah true, how hectic it would be to have to fit a wedding in between racing and travelling." Sam raised his eyebrows slightly, imagining the challenge.

"Oh stop, I don't need to be daydreaming when I'm supposed to be working."

"I'm going to make a Pinterest board ASAP, don't worry."

~~~~

As Mila and Charles arrived at the hotel in the evening, they were once again plagued by paparazzi. They had been expecting a few people waiting outside, but there were almost more than in Miami.

"Oh my goodness Charles, there are so many people here." Mila scanned outside the car as he parked.

Charles smirked, "They're all her for you Mila. They're never this bad when it's just me."

"Don't say that Charlie," Mila smiled. "They wouldn't know me if it wasn't for you."

"We can go around the back of the building if you would prefer, I don't mind."

"It's okay, they want to see us, we may as well give them something."

"What's your idea?" Charles grinned cheekily as he opened his door.

~~~~

Charles sat in the middle of the Ferrari conference room the next day, he should be preparing for quali, but the paparazzi photos had caused an emergency pr meeting.

"I know you two are engaged Charles, but there is no reason for the two of you to be acting that way in public. No reason." Ferrari's head of pr, Silvia half-yelled as she slammed her hands on the desk in front of Charles.

"Sylvia please, we are grown adu-"

"No, Charles. We have built your brand around being private and caring, not grabbing your fiancée's ass in front of hundreds of reporters."

"As I said, we are both adults, I'm allowed to have a bit of fun with the woman I'm about to marry."

"And I'm in charge of your image Charles. So either you listen to me, or sponsors drop out and you lose funding."

"No offence Sylvia, but i have the longest contract with Ferrari in history. I am sure that they would sooner lose a few prude sponsors than lose me." Charles attempted to control his annoyance, but as he stood up to leave the room, he had to manually unfurrow his eyebrows.

Fuck pr.

====

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for the very long break in posting but it was my birthday and exams are coming up so i have been very busy. (Typical excuse I know) I have been contemplating the ending of this story and I am so indecisive so I can't decide what to do! If anyone has any requests or ideas that would be much appreciated and once again I am so sorry for that big delay. New chapter should be coming soon so stay tuned, thank you all for reading and i hope you continue to enjoy it!