Part 5

Charles made his way down the aisle, nodding at and shaking hands with several crew members before coming to Carlos and Mila.

"Carlos! I haven't seen you in so long, how have you been mate?" Charles joked at Carlos. Carlos looked confused.

"What? We saw each other two days ago. That is not that long, no?"

Mila rolled her eyes at her brother's stupidity, "It's a joke Carlos, he's being sarcastic. Ignore him Charles, it's nice to see you again."

The man looked to Mila as she spoke, he was drawn to the small features of her face, her dimples, the freckles which had been hard to miss in the summer, drawn onto her skin by the sun, which were now faded by the winter. And her eyes, a dark brown, similar to her brother's, but Charles felt if he looked for too long, he would fall in and never return.

Carlos coughed slightly, "Charles? You good mate?"

"Uh, yeah. Just zoned out for a second. It's good to see you too Mila."

Mila giggled slightly, "Zoning out is his job Charles, you can't steal that," pointing at Carlos.

The three laughed together, Mila felt no awkwardness around Charles, and the addition of Carlos made the situation easier. Her nerves were totally gone by the time she dozed off only two hours into their nearly ten-hour flight.

Mila was rudely awoken as food arrived, they were going to land in an hour, and it was nearing midday in Bahrain. Mila was freezing because of the air conditioning in the jet, but she hadn't brought any warm clothes in her hand luggage.

"Carlito, do you have anything warm I can put on? I'm freezing." She begged her brother, she knew he wouldn't give in easily, especially as she knew he only brought one hoodie in his hand-luggage, which he was already wearing.

"No, I do not, I am wearing my hoodie, and I am very cosy right now."

"Please Carlos?" She pouted her lip and tried her best to tear up, she knew it annoyed Carlos when she did this, but never knew why. She thought it would help her case if she annoyed him into giving up the Ferrari hoodie he was wearing.

"Nope. Eww stop making that face Mila, or I will never give you anything again."

"I'm 25 Carlos, I don't need anything but that hoodie."

"Guys stop please." Charles groaned as he woke up. The two arguing had annoyed him awake. "You sound like kids fighting. Mila take this." With that he threw his own hoodie to Mila, "I have another in my bag."

"Are you sure?" Mila asked.

"Yes, I'm sure, it's no problem." And with that he snuggled himself back into the corner of his seat and fell asleep again.

I haven't smelled his cologne since the night at the nightclub, the memories take me back to the best night I have had since I began to date Alejandro. Don't get me wrong, early in our relationship things were good, just not as good as I realised things could be.

Charles's scent surrounded her as she put on his hoodie, it was nice, not ugly like some of his clothes, and the smell made the goosebumps on her arm come back. She wasn't worried about the cold anymore, only how she would keep herself away from him.

~~~~

The three got off the plane in Bahrain exhausted. They had all slept for a reasonable time, but the journey was enough to take the life out of them. They walked to the car that would be transporting them to their hotel.

As they got their keys for the rooms, Mila realised that her and Charles were across the hall from each other. Great, now it would be even harder to keep on task when Charles, with his bright blue eyes, perfect body and addictive personality were just across the hall.

Charles was thinking the opposite, he thought the fact that they were so close was a perfect opportunity to develop their relationship further.

~~~~

"Her eyes, her face, her style, her personality, everything is perfect Pierre!" Charles ranted on the phone. "I can't keep myself from liking her, it's physically impossible."

"I have no comment Charles, if she makes you happy and you feel like she won't reject you immediately, I say go for it, what's the worst that can happen?"

"She rejects me, its awkward, Carlos and I are awkward because of it, we don't get along and become the new brocedes." Charles was a slight overthinker, and no one knew that better than Pierre. Due to this he had gotten used to comforting his friend and taking charge of the Monegasque's emotions.

"Charles that won't happen. You know that. She will say yes, and I would bet on that."

"Okay Pierre, I will get back to you on it, I'll see you tomorrow, no?"

"Yeah, we get in late in the afternoon, but I will try to get to you before Friday, okay?"

"Okay. I'll see you soon."

Charles hung up and sat down on his bed, he began to lie down then thought he should get a shower to wash off the sweatiness of a day's travel.

As he undressed and stepped in, the cool water running down his muscular body, he thought about Mila. He meant everything he had said to Pierre, she was perfect. He thought about how she looked in his hoodie, and how he wished he could see her with a lot less on. Then, he felt a familiar but unwelcomed sensation, and decided to stop thinking about her for a while.

He finished his shower and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist and walking back into the bedroom.

There was a knock at the door.
Charles looked through the peephole, it was her. He cracked the door open, "Hey Mila, what's up?"

"I have your hoodie, it's too warm for it now so you can have it back, would you open the door? I can't give it back through the gap."

Mila knew what she was doing, she saw his bare arm and dripping hair, reminding her of the Instagram post she saw while she was at Carlos's. Charles stepped back and let the door open fully, it was more than Mila could've hoped for. Oh my god.

"Oh, sorry Charles, I didn't realise you weren't wearing clothes." I wish he didn't have a towel either.

"No worries, Mila, it's no issue. Ferrari does their own amount of slutting me out online, so I don't think it's anything you haven't seen before?"

He's 100% right, but nothing compares to the real thing.

"You act like I'm obsessed with you Leclerc."

"It might just be wishful thinking."