Chapter eighty one

When the ceremony was over, Sean and Steven were the last remaining in the training ground and Steven walked up to the rack of spears and grabbed two, tossing one at Sean who caught it effortlessly with a raised eyebrow. Steven grinned, “now that we are both future alphas, let’s have that spar.”

Sean grinned and ran his fingers on his spear and when he looked up, his brown eyes turned blue and Steven’s black ones turned blue as well. They both stared at each other as they walked around, waiting for who to attack first. After a while, Sean did and Steven quickly dodged. They were both light on their feet and fast that it would make anyone watching them dizzy.

All that could be heard were the clanging sounds of spear against spear as they were both of equal strength. Steven leapt up to attack but Sean slid on the ground, avoiding the attack and splashing sand on Steven’s eyes, taking that time to hit him on the legs with his spear but Steven instantly healed and turned to him, punching him on the stomach that sent him back three steps. They both grinned and attacked again and Steven was able to knock Sean’s spear out of his hand but right before he could take the win, Sean grabbed his spear, punching him on the face and snatching the spear from him.

He kicked him on the legs and Steven lost his balance but before he could get up, Sean had the sharp point of his spear on his neck. Steven looked up surprised but then he slapped the spear away as Sean offered him his hand with a laugh. He took it and he pulled him up. “Guess we know who is the strongest now.”

“Ha, in your dreams,” Steven said and they both laughed. “But I must admit, that was intense.”

“Tell me about it,” Sean said.

“You know, you are…” Steven was saying but then he stopped.

“What is it?” Sean asked, worry on his face.

“There is someone there,” Steven pointed at the rack that holds the hammers and they both went to it to see a girl with bleeding hand hiding behind it. She cowered at their presence and with one look, they knew she was an omega.

Steven went on his knees beside her immediately as he was compelled to hold her by a force he couldn’t disobey. “What happened?” he asked, taking her bleeding hand in his as he slowly caressed her palm, sending a bolt of electricity to both of them and he looked up at her in shock.

“Vanessa, who did this to you?” Sean asked immediately he recognized her.

“Future Beta, I mean Future Alpha, it was Natasha. She said she didn’t mean to but I don’t believe her. She always tries to hurt me,” the girl answered weakly and Steven felt his blood boiling over this Natasha.

“Who is this Natasha, Sean?” he asked, surprisingly, his voice had gone down a few degrees and Sean noticed and was even surprised why he would be that angry.

“She is Eric's mate. I guess now that Aliyah is out of her league she has found a new interest. Don’t worry, I will talk to her.”

“No, I will talk to her,” Steven stood up to walk away but Sean stopped him.

“Hey,” he glanced at Vanessa behind him, wondering why Steven would be so worked up about her business but he still said to him, “let me handle it. She is the Beta’s mate now and it would be wrong if you are rude to her.”

“Rude? I’m not planning to be rude, I will be ripping her head out of her body,” Steven said and his eyes started glowing blue. Even he was surprised at the sudden anger that was trying to consume him.

Sean knew then that things has become serious, he has never seen Steven this angry, not even when he newly met him that he was angry because of his brother. He glanced at Vanessa again and then something like a light bulb went up in his head and he found himself smiling at his friend.