Chapter twenty five

“Oh God, no, not now,” Aliyah whispered, feeling her stomach. She closed her eyes and stared up at the ceiling, she had just been wondering when it would be but she definitely doesn’t want it to be tonight, not with a fight with deranged Nebuzars going on. She blew out air through her mouth to calm herself down before leaving the room to the bathroom to get a towel to clean herself up and the floor as well. Walking back to her bedroom with the clean towel, she heard a noise coming from the room that Irene was locked in since the day she attacked her with only Rasmus going in to check on her.
She paused, wanting to know if it was really from the room but after what felt like ten seconds, no noise came again. She approached the door and placed her ear on it but it was as quiet as the graveyard. Sighing, she shrugged and went back to her room to dry up the floor. Sean’s voice rang in her mind soon after as she went on her knees to clean up the floor. ‘Aliyah, the deranged Nebuzars are attacking, no matter what, don’t come out of your room, okay?’
‘Do you think we would win?’  she asked, she knows the answer to that question but she just needed hope, any type of hope.
‘I don’t know but I heard from Steven that his dad had sent words to the High Howlers, let’s hope that they would respond. If the High Howlers are here then we might stand a chance at winning.’
‘How many Nebuzars?’
‘I don’t know for sure, they just keep coming out from the woods with rogues and nightwalkers. But I have counted ten and Steven said he counted up to fifteen from the watch tower so we don’t know for sure how many they are but the nightwalkers and rogues are battalions. I think it could be all the rogues that are here this time. Rosewood pack warriors have come to join. For all I know, this could be the apocalypse.’
‘Oh God,’
‘Yes, oh God indeed. This is the highest I have ever seen.’
Aliyah wanted to say something else but Sean had turned off his mind link and she knew then that he must have been attacked or something for the link to just disconnect. She hurried up and cleaned up the floor while wondering if she should go through the tunnels to her pack, with all that is happening, would the high howlers warriors be more interested in catching her or would they be rushing over to Black Wind pack to help?
She thought of the night in the meadow when they were the one under this kind of attack, except for the deranged nightwalkers though. It had been a tough fight and even though they put up a good fight, they were still no match for the Nebuzars and Edward had been the one to show up and help. The situation made her miss him more as the tears trailed down her cheeks.
Back then, they had been attacked because of her, and now, she knows that Black Wind pack is being attacked because of her as well and it hurts her more because she can’t even help. She can’t join in the fight and her mate won’t be coming to save the day and rescue her. Now she has to put other lives in danger to save hers and her soul doesn’t agree with that.
She paced around the room, going through her options. Should she go to her pack using the tunnels or should she sacrifice herself to save innocent lives, after all, she has nothing to live for. But what about Sean, what about his daughter and his mate, what about her parents, what about Steven and other innocent lives she would sentence to their deaths if she falls into the hands of the demon king? Would she be saving them by sacrificing herself or would she be sending them to an impending doom?
Aliyah was torn between what was right to do and what was not but she knows one thing for a fact, she can’t just stay there and do nothing. She is a warrior, a strong one at that and there is a hundred percent chance that her son would help her by lending a little of his powers to her when he senses her in danger. With that, at least, she can fight the rogues and nightwalkers, leaving the big boys for the high howlers —that is if they would come—. She has like an hour before her first contraction and she hoped the fight would be done before then. Making her decision, she stormed to the door and threw it open only to be frozen at the spot.
***
“What do we have?” Ethan asked as he stormed down the hallway with the elders and a few warriors.
“About a hundred nightwalkers, uncountable rogues and twenty-five Nebuzars,” a man announced.
“Fuck,” Ethan yelled and stopped to punch the wall, creating a deep hole on it immediately. “And he has to die during the time my pack was attacked,” he cursed.
“Alpha, this is strange, not only has the pack been constantly attacked these past days and now these? How can we kill twenty-five Nebuzars. If all of us combine our strength, then we can talk about killing one but what about the rest?” another man complained.
“Alpha, is it just me or do you think there is something in our pack that they want? When the Blue moon pack was being attacked like this, they wanted alpha Alan’s daughter, do you think she is here, in this pack?” A man suggested and that brought everyone to a pause. Ethan stared at the man and he shrugged, “these past attacks, I have noticed a big red wolf, big enough to be an alpha but I can tell it’s not because it doesn’t exhibit any alpha power and then I remembered what you said about the future beta of Blue Moon pack, how strong and fit as an alpha he is. And then I thought to myself, isn’t he rumored to have escaped with Alan’s daughter, then if he is here in our pack, do you think she is here as well?”
“Now that you talked of it, last night, I saw a ginger-haired nightwalker fighting with us. We know that since the attacks, nightwalkers that showed up here always fights against us but this very nightwalker is fighting other nightwalkers and the deranged rogues and he is very stealth and fast on his legs, he is kind of strong like a third generation. The second-generation nightwalkers and the third generation are the relatively strong nightwalkers in existence now. So tell me, alpha, doesn’t the vampire prince have a servant who obviously is protecting his lady at the moment?”
“Where does Steven often spend his time these days?” Ethan asked.
“Your great-grandmother’s cottage, alpha,” the first elder answered.
“John, go check the cottage, break down the doors if you have to and the rest of you, come with me, let’s teach those rogues a lesson,” Ethan ordered and the men bowed in respect before they stormed out to the battle front.
***
Rasmus leaped and landed on a nightwalker that was sneaking up to the fighting Sean and without a care in the world, he ripped the head out of the body. His eyes flashed red and he bared his teeth at the approaching rogues. Sean’s deep brown eyes turned to him and he saw the thanks in the boy’s eyes. They knew they were together in this and they reached a silent agreement that once after this fight, they would leave Black Wind pack, they have endangered the pack long enough and it was high time they were allowed some peace.
A loud growl filled the air followed by a snarl and they looked up, a big black beast with claws as long and sharp as a sword. Rasmus felt his heart leap out of his chest as he whispered in fear. “A two thousand years old Nebuzar,” he shook in fear, taking steps back and Sean followed him. “But, he is a strong beast, how can he be controlled?”
Sean quickly shifted back into human, not a care that he could be recognized now as he asked, “what do you mean by that?”
Rasmus turned to him, a little surprise to see that he has changed. “Two thousand years Nebuzars are considered kings of Nebuzars and in so doing, no witch spell or anything can affect their minds. But look, if this one is here, how come the demon king was able to poison his mind?”
“So you are saying he is the bigger threat now?”
“Even if the prince was here, the Nebuzar would have been a big fight for him to handle. The beast is almost as old as Nightwalkers and Night howlers’ existence.”
“Fuck,” Sean said, “what do you think, should we stay and fight or should we leave with Aliyah and Irene?”
“We brought this to them, we might as well stay and see them safe first before leaving,” Rasmus answered and Sean nodded, it was the only right thing to do.