Chapter twenty six

“Irene,” Aliyah called softly when she saw the woman standing in front of the door. Her eyes were ashen black and her lips were pale. Her skin was pale as well and black lines stretched out on her body like black veins. Her hands were bony and her nails were black and pointed. Aliyah could feel the fear rising in her chest as she remembered that that was exactly how she looked when she attacked her that other day. She glanced around, neither Sean nor Rasmus nor even Steven would come for her rescue today and they also won’t hear her scream from the unrest of the pack. She knew that escaping Irene now is all up to her and she just hopes the woman would wake up before she does any real harm to her or she to her.
“Irene, this isn’t you, wake up, please,” she pleaded but the woman just kept staring at her. She let her gaze roam around, searching for a weapon to use or anything that would aid her in fighting. However, instead of seeing something to use, she was rather hit by her first contraction. Aliyah’s eyes widened in shock as she placed her hand on her big tummy, wondering what could be happening. Her water just broke for crying out loud!
She saw a smirk draw out on Irene’s pale lips and then came her croaky voice. “The little prince wants out, just like I calculated,” and then she chuckled, reminding Aliyah of the woman that night as they shared the same chuckle.
“Irene, this is not you, please, I need you to wake up!” she yelled and was hit by another contraction, making her wonder why it was happening so soon and so fast.
“Don’t worry princess, I will take care of you. The little prince would be easier to kill while still in your womb so I am afraid, I will be preventing you from giving birth but I can’t promise that my spell would stop the contractions,” Irene said with a chuckle and then started chanting an incantation.
“Irene!” Aliyah yelled as she was hit by another contraction, “I need you, think about Edward and how he would feel about what is happening now, please Irene, wake up!” she yelled just before she slumped on her knees.
Irene continued chanting her incantation and black smoke flew out of her hand towards Aliyah, enveloping her. Suddenly, she stopped chanting, her eyes flicker between ash and gray and then she said, “you little witch, why do you want to wake up now? I have planned this night so well to have you ruin it.”
Hearing that, Aliyah knew she had a chance so she started yelling for Irene to wake up, reminding her of Edward and how he raised her, how he protected her from her enemies and how he would love her to protect his son for him. The more she spoke, the more she saw Irene reacting to her words. Irene grabbed onto her hair, pulling her hair hard and then she said in her own voice, “I am a pure blood, get out of my head,” and then she said in the croaky voice, “not until you finish my work for me.”
“Come on Irene, you can do it,” Aliyah said.
“Shut up,” Irene yelled in the croaky voice and then Aliyah screamed in pain as another contraction hit her. She could literally feel her waist breaking and could sense her baby trying to come out but an invisible force was preventing the natural thing from happening. She screamed once more as she felt like her son was trying to tear open her stomach while searching for an exist.
“She is in pain,” Irene screamed in her own voice. “I don’t care, she is going to die anyway so what difference does it make if she dies from pain? I have killed her once before, so it’s nothing if there is going to be a second time,” she replied in the croaky voice.
“Irene, help,” Aliyah screamed, feeling the strength drain out of her rapidly due to the pain and it wasn’t helping if her baby was moving around in her stomach fighting for a way to come out and thereby making her pain twice the normal.
“Get out of my head!” Irene screamed and her eyes turned blue.
Just then, black smokes evaporated out of her and formed a shape in front of her. “What a shame,” the smoke said, “I had thought you would help me finish the deal, but it doesn’t matter, you have brought me halfway after all.” And with that, it flew and enveloped Aliyah and within a second, it was gone and Aliyah with it.
Irene fell on the floor, moaning in pain as she placed her hand on her temple, sending healing spells to ease her from the headache. Her stomach churned then and she was throwing up blood and maggots as well as other insects she couldn’t bring herself to identify with how gross it all seemed to her.
The living room door was thrown open in a sudden and a voice came calling, “who is here?”
Irene scrambled to her feet then and she had to fight the dizziness from how fast she stood up. When she recovered, she glanced around, she couldn’t seem to say where she was. The last thing she remembered was encountering the demon king in the human realm and then casting the teleportation spell to save them. Where could this be and how did they get here and most importantly, where is Rasmus and Sean?
“Anybody here?” the voice from the living room called again. Who is that? She wondered and just then, she remembered Aliyah but when she turned back to where she was lying on, she wasn’t there. She could still smell the residue of the magic and she got ready to perform the teleportation spell so that she could use the residue to appear the same place that they had but then try as she may, she couldn’t perform the spell. Fear rose in her heart at the thought that the strange voice could have sealed her powers but when she searched deep within her, she realized that there were still there, she just needs to recover well to be able to use them. But how can she save Aliyah, she is in labor and if she falls into the hands of the demon king and that woman then it is all over.
“I can smell you, you know, you horrible witch,” the voice sounded closer now and when she turned back, she saw an elderly man staring back at her with black angry eyes. “How did you get in here?”
Irene frowned, “who are you and where is here?” she asked, glancing around but still not knowing where there was. However, one thing was for certain, the man wasn’t a human but a werewolf, that means, she could be in one of the packs, but which one?
“So this is what Steven has been up to, hiding a witch in our pack?”
“Steven?” she frowned, running down the memory lane but she doesn’t know any Steven except the fact she had heard Sean tell Aliyah that a Steven had spared his life that faithful day in the palace before they ran out. But, could it be that Steven? It would make sense since he would be the only one that would offer to help them. However, she has a bigger thing to do than humor an elder werewolf, she needs to find Sean and Rasmus so that they would go look for Aliyah, hopefully, she can be able to use her powers before then.
“I’m keeping you hostage, when the fight is over, my alpha will decide what will happen to you,” the man said and meant to grab her but Irene easily avoided him.
“Fight?” she asked and just then, she heard the scream and a loud growl. Her eyes widened in shock as she whispered, “Nebuzars,” her words shocking the man in front of her.
***
‘Dad, we are not winning,’ Steven yelled to his dad in the mind link. ‘We are losing more men, we have to fall back.’
‘To bad Steven, there is no where to fall to. This is our pack and if we stop fighting, then we are all going to die.’
‘We are all dying anyway, the Nebuzars are picking us out like ants, especially that big one and the Rosewood warriors are retreating. I thought you said you summoned the High Howlers.’
‘I did, but there is no guarantee that they are going to help. We are alphas son, if we are going to fall, we have to do so like legends. Do you hear me?’  Ethan yelled in the mind link and Steven watched his wolf leaped onto a Nebuzar’s back and if he wasn’t in his wolf form, he would have smirked. He turned to join Sean who was fighting three rogues at a time but then he saw Elder John running towards them with a woman, a woman that definitely looked like the witch they have kept locked in a room to prevent from attacking Aliyah. She didn’t look out of control like the first time he had seen her moving and seemed to be clearly in her senses as she run forward with frantic eyes, searching around for something or rather someone. He suddenly realized that if she was there alone and scared as she was, then it means something must have happened to Aliyah.