Chapter fifty four

“High Alpha,” a man shouted as he knocked on a door, “High Alpha,” he continued shouting as he banged on the door. Finally, the door opened to reveal a very annoyed Damien and the man quickly bowed and knelt on the floor on seeing him. “Please pardon my intrusion alpha but I bring you news.”
“The news better be worth you waking me up otherwise I will be killing you right this instant,” Damien warned.
The man nodded and looked up at him. “Alpha, there was an unsettling in the demon forest and when we went to check, we found out that the demons have crowned a new king.”
“What?” All tiredness and anger vanished from Damien’s eyes. “A new king, but…we haven’t even killed the old one. Wait, the last time I checked, Prince Edward possesses the Demon fire, so who is crowned king without the demon fire?”
“Actually, the crowned demon is none other than Prince Edward or should I say, King Edward.”
“What?” Damien couldn’t believe his ears. “Prince Edward is the King of the demons?”
“Yes alpha and that is not all,” the man said.
“What else can be as shocking as this?”
“It has come to our notice that Aliyah, daughter of Alan Forrester, Alpha of the Blue Moon pack, can heal the deranged wolves. Meaning, that she can cure the poison in them, restoring the wolf to it’s original self. We speak out of evidence as it is that she had healed Eric, son of the Blue moon pack’s Delta and also an Elder in the dungeon right before she was kidnapped by the cat Demons.”
Damien nodded on hearing that interesting news and so he ordered, “Clinton, alert the Elders, we are paying a visit to the Blue moon pack first thing in the morning.”
“Yes Alpha,” Colinton bowed and quickly got up and left. Damien retreated to his room as his Luna approached him, asking what happened and as he relayed the news to her, he was downed with the understanding that they could either be saved with this information or ruined with it. It all depends on if Edward decided to forgive them for what they did earlier or if he decides to take his revenge.
***
“My Lord,” a man called softly at Malachi who was standing outside the dungeon where they locked the deranged nightwalkers. They could hear their snarling and gnarling as they all fought to be free. “We are losing more each day. If this continues, we would be wiped out of existence completely. Don’t you think it’s time to meet Prince Edward. He has to save us, he is our father, he brought us into this world.”
“Do you think I don’t want to?” Malachi asked with a sigh. Closing his eyes, he licked his lips. Rasmus had told him that his lady could heal the infected wolves and he had promised to talk to her about the nightwalkers. He knows it has not been long and that Rasmus demanded time to convince her, but as it is now, time is what they don’t have. With each passing day, more nightwalkers are being infected and the fear was making a lot of them to stop going around to feed.
But the problem now is that they have started losing some to hunger. The more they stayed without feeding, the weaker they become. And the weaker they are, the easier target they are. And as if that is not enough, they are already falling into deep slumber and if blood is not brought to them soon, then he fears that one day, they won’t wake up no matter the amount of blood they are soaked in.
“I know you have tried my lord but you most understand that if we don’t do anything, they might be a riot. And that is what we can’t afford now, we can’t risk having an uprising. It would do more harm than good.”
“What are the rest of the chiefs doing?”
“They are always outside kidnapping humans to feed the weaker ones. But there is not more of us out there anymore. The third generations are trying their best but we have ninety-eight councils to feed. How can just us and the third generation feed them all?”
“What about Genevieve, has she returned from wherever she went to before?”
“She didn’t return here but she and her mate are trying to keep things down in the Nightengale council. It’s not easy but they are managing.” The man looked at him, “Lord Malachi, I couldn’t help but overhear your discussion with Rasmus the other day.”
Malachi stared at him in shock and the man raised his hand in surrender. “You do know that it is wrong to eavesdrop, high chief Louis.”
“I did not mean to. I was only passing by and when I heard what he said, I couldn’t stop myself from not listening. Lord Malachi, with the death of the originals and their mates centuries later, we have taken it upon us to protect the nightwalker’s race. Martha is the only original mate that is still alive and she has been of great help since now, but right now, neither her nor us can save our kind. Even prince Edward can’t at this moment, all we have now is his mate. And believe me, if we decide to wait for Rasmus to convince her, then they won’t be much of us left by then.”
“What are you proposing we do then, Louis, kidnap her? Do I need to remind you whose mate she is?” Malachi asked, not believing that the man could suggest such a thing.
Louis shook his head. “No, you got me wrong. I will never suggest kidnapping her, I still value my head. What I am suggesting is perhaps, it would be easier to convince her if we meet her ourselves. After all, we are the high chiefs of the nightwalker’s race, if we approach her and maybe offer her to see this, maybe she can understand what we are going through and how much we really need her help. Our children are suffering, Malachi, at this point, we can do anything and no idea is bad.”
Malachi sighed and shook his head. If anyone had told him that a day like this would ever come or that a situation like this would ever befall the nightwalker’s race, he would have never believed it. “It will not be easy. Do you think that our prince would let her easily leave with us?”
“I know it won’t be easy and he probably wouldn’t let that happen but from what I have noticed about them, the young wolf can always get what she wants.”
“Maybe before, but I have a double mind now.”
“Why would you say that?”
“Have you seen the current Prince Edward? The man is not what he used to be. The last time I was in his palace, he almost killed me. So pardon me if I am thinking twice about meeting him again. About the young wolf, I don’t know the effect she still has on him but I would like to believe that she still has a lot. After all, he came back for her, right?”
“Exactly,” Louis nodded. “However, do you believe that prince Edward will really abandon us?”
“Lord Malachi,” Malachi heard before he could answer and turned around to see Genevieve approaching them.
He furrowed his brows as he said, “Lady Genevieve. I was just told that you and your mate are in Nightengale.”
“We were until we heard this news that you must hear,” Geneieve said. By then, she had gotten to them.
“What news?” Louis asked.
“Did you not hear the unsettlement in the demon woods earlier tonight?” Genevieve asked and Malachi frowned while Louis nodded.
“I did, but since when did we care what the demons do or their unsettlement?” Louis asked.
“That is because earlier tonight, they had crowned a king.”
“What?” Malachi and Louis asked at the same time, shocked.
“And guess who is the new Demon king,” she smiled and from the shocked and terrified expression of the men, she already knew that they have guessed and guessed right.