Chapter eighty

The resurrection of Aliyah was the topic in everyone’s mouth, from the Demon clan to the Nightwalkers clan and to the Night Howlers clan. Even in the witches coven.

Edward had thrown a party that lasted for two weeks in her honor and everyone was more than overjoyed to attend. It was such merriment and for the fact that no one holds grudges against the other again made it even more interesting and heartwarming. The woods were finally at peace and every creature from the biggest to the smallest were happy to see everywhere in calm and harmony.

“I can’t believe this, I was saying that your palace was too big for me before and now you made it ten times bigger?” Aliyah said as she pushed open the big doors to Edward’s private living room, where he loved spending his time and reading. “Not everyone can teleport like you and you…” She stopped when she saw the man kneeling in front of her. “What is going on?” She asked, her initial anger totally forgotten.

Edward smiled and revealed the ring with the biggest diamond stone she had ever seen. “This belonged to my mother. I have always had it with me. At first, I had kept it with me as a little bit of her memory since I never got to spend time with her nor felt her mother’s love. Kaiden and the rest of my brothers hated me because I killed her.”

“What?” Aliyah was shocked, she has never heard that before.

“She died giving birth to me,” Edward explained. “And they hated me for it. Their hated grew some more when our father started spoiling me. I don’t remember much of it these days but I know that I trained day and night to make my father proud so that he won’t go to hating me one day. My siblings hating me was more than enough, I didn’t want to lose my father’s love as well and so I did everything he asked whether I wanted to or not.”

“Oh Edward,” Aliyah felt so bad for him and just wanted to hug him but he held up his hand to stop her.

“When I was engaged to you, I knew I had to give you this but I wasn’t convinced yet that I would be marrying you. But I found myself imagining how you would look wearing it. I thought I must be going crazy or should I say, I didn’t know I have fallen that much for you,” he chuckled. “You see, apart from my father, Mariah was the only one that looked at me with love. Sure they were other maidens but they all looked at me with lust and fear coated their eyes whenever they came close to me. My men looked at me with fear and admiration but Mariah, no matter how I talked to her or ignored her, she would always glance at me with that bright smile on her face and twinkle in her eyes.”

Aliyah smiled hearing that and she was happy that she had made him feel loved even though he didn’t reciprocate to her then.

“I don’t remember much but I do remember that I was planning on going down on one knee like this and asking her to marry me. My father had been the one to propose to her on my behalf but she deserves more than that. However, what happened then put an end to my plan but I found myself always carrying this with me. Even when I woke up as a Nightwalker and had lost my memory, I found this on me but I kept it safe and now I know why. It’s because it’s meant to be yours and now, nothing is going to change it.” He looked up at her with love and nervousness in his midnight blue eyes. “Aliyah, would you do me honor of becoming my queen?”

Aliyah chuckled softly and covered her mouth with her hand, tears trailing down her cheeks as she nodded. “Nothing will make me happier.”

Edward smiled and as she closed their distance, he slipped the ring on her finger. Aliyah shivered as the cold metal brushed on her skin. The ring was old in age but it was still as sparkling as ever. Truly it was a ring befitting of a queen. Edward stood up then and without another word, leaned over and kissed her.