Chapter forty five

Edward turned to Aliyah on his seat and as he stared at her, he saw her wolf, she was looking back at him with eyes so blue and pure that he knew she meant every word she had said. He reached up and caressed her cheek, his hand going behind her neck and pulling down on him as he claimed her lips. A soft moan escaped Aliyah’s lips at the contact and she shivered. Edward felt his body react to her welcoming response and he quickly circled his arm on her waist and pulled her down to sit on his thighs. His hand caressed her body as he deepened the kiss, making her moan some more.
He didn’t think twice and just tore open her shirt but Aliyah gasped then and her gaze went straight to the big doors. “No, not here,” she shook her head. Edward looked at her, his midnight blue eyes a littler dimmer now because of his passion and without a word, he kissed her again. “Edward, no, not here,” Aliyah repeated and pushed him away only to be shock to find out that they were now in her dimly lit room. She glanced at him, unable to hide her shock.
“How about here?” Edward whispered and she grinned and nodded, kissing him this time. He pulled down her now torn shirt from her sleeves and cupped her breasts, briefly remembering the last time he had touched them. All his memories about when they first met seemed alien to him but for some reason, he remembers vividly the first time he had touched her like that. His claw elongated and he sliced her brassieres in half before removing the cups and feasting his eyes on the big feast.
He traced his fingertips on the nipples and she moaned and closed her eyes, shivering with desire. “You are bigger,” he whispered.
“I’m lactating,” she responds, looking at him and almost regretted saying that when she saw the grin on his face. “Don’t even think about it Edward, it’s not blood and I won’t like upsetting your stomach.
“That’s the thing you don’t know now sweetheart, I am more demon than nightwalker which means, I can thrive on food.”
“What?” Aliyah asked, surprised. Edward smiled and just looked at her. “I haven’t seen you eat since you came back.”
“I didn’t want to but I have tried and nothing happened.”
“Oh my God, Edward, you didn’t tell me.”
“I told you now,” he replied and bent over, claiming a nipple in his hot mouth and Aliyah let out a soft moan at the warmth and pleasure. He suckled on her nipple while he twisted the other with his thumb and index finger. Aliyah buried her fingers in his hair as she arched back, giving him more access to her body. “Now I see why it’s hard to drag him away from you,” Edward whispered and Aliyah chuckled. Asher loved to eat, he had a large appetite for a week plus old baby.
“And now you are stealing from him,” she said, looking at her mate with her lust filled eyes.
“I’m not stealing anything, you belong to me and he is the one stealing from me.”
Chuckling, Aliyah said, “he is your son,” and kissed him lightly on the lips.
“And it’s the only reason he is alive.”
Aliyah giggled and kissed him some more, pushing down his long coat off his sleeves. She only let him go when she wanted to pull off his round-neck T shirt and she melted when she saw his body. Her body reacted violently and she could feel her wolf fighting to take control. She had missed him so much and after waking some days ago have not really had the time to stay alone with him without Asher acting up or Irene wanting to say something about her health.
Now that she finally have him all to herself, her hidden desires sprang to surface and she wants nothing more but to have him buried knee deep inside her. Edward pushed her down on the bed softly and laid on top of her while he took off the rest of their clothes. Kissing her more passionately and deeply, he opened her legs with his and claimed her, both of them shuddering in lust from the joining.
He started thrusting slowly at first but then let his demon lay a claim on his mate like he has been dying to. They glued to the other as no one wanted to let go and they matched each other’s energy so well that they knew they were made for each other. Aliyah could feel the tension that had been built inside her since her discussion with Irene earlier in the day washing over and she surrendered herself to him, body and soul, letting him do with her like he so pleased and also trusting that he would never hurt her. If she didn’t believe it before with how he was quick to kill anyone that annoyed him this time around, she does now, for he showed it to her in every which way.
When they were finally both tired and satisfied, they cuddled up on her bed and she placed her head on his chest, breathing in his scent that always seemed to calm her down. Edward held her close to him and yet again, he heard something like a crack but he couldn’t tell where it was coming from. However, one thing he knew for sure was that he was more relaxed now than he has been in days, especially for the fact that she was there with him, lying in his arms and he could breath in her scent, her sweet mesmerizing scent.
“Edward, there is something I want to ask you.”
“What is it?”
“About your nightwalker’s side, I can’t help but think about what you said earlier. I mean, it’s your origin, is the thing that kept you alive all those years, how can you lose it completely?”
“I’m a Nightwalker, Aliyah, it’s what I am and it’s what I will always be.”
“But, you told Rasmus…”
“I said what I said,” he interrupted. He sighed and continued, “it’s weak, very weak and it needs to recuperate. The tree of Death gives nothing but death. I died more than two thousand years ago Aliyah, it was just the tree of death keeping alive and when I was stabbed with it’s bark, naturally, I am supposed to lose every source of energy in me and that would make me motionless and I would finally be gone from this world, but somehow, I have survived and with my nightwalker’s power being weak, the demon powers in me took the time to grow and I think it worked faster when that fire developed.”
“The day you showed up wasn’t the day you woke up?”
“No,” he sighed. “I had woken up to find myself in a coffin and I had to dig through the dirt to make it out into the open, but I was so weak and cold to do anything or go anywhere. I had wanted to find you immediately but my body was not responding. So I laid there for hours until I felt this spark in me and with the spark, I felt the energy returning. It was slow, so slow and I guessed I laid there for two days before I suddenly felt a burst of energy, an energy so strong that I knew I can take down the world if I had wanted. I had gone to my palace, hoping you would be there but all I saw where rogues, they were the first creatures I tasted the spark in me with and I loved it. I loved watching them die, it brought me pleasure.”
“It brought you pleasure because they were deranged and your enemies?” Aliyah asked, just to be sure. She didn’t want to believe that her mate simply derives pleasure from killing.
“No, because I killed them. Burning their souls made me stronger and killing that Nebuzar that night gave me a lot of energy.”
“So you are trying to make me understand that burning the souls…”
“Makes me stronger, it increases my power and the spark in the fire,” Edward completed.
Aliyah pushed herself up from his chest and glanced at him in shock, “but Edward, that would make you a monster. You don’t need that much strength…”
“Why not? The stronger I am, the easier it would be to protect you and if I have enough energy, I can force wake the part of me that is dead. I am an Original, and I will be that through and through.”
“No,” Aliyah shook her head, “that is not you speaking, that can’t be you.”
Edward placed a finger on her lips, “I am the strongest and the greatest, rest assured that with that much power, no one would dare raise a hand on you, not even Kaiden.”
Aliyah couldn’t believe her ears as she stared at the man she loves, if things continue that way then she fears when they would completely lose him to his quest for more power.