124-125: Hunters and gluttons will fall into evil desires

Start from the beginning

This is not to say that the chimera ant race is not good. Even a butterfly or a mantis in the Dark Continent can be called a 'ferocious beast' in the human world. Although the chimera ant is the most threatening species in the Dark Continent, It is a small race, but its evolutionary ability to quickly integrate the excellent characteristics of its race into its own genes after ingesting foreign genes has given this race unlimited potential.

What is difficult is Shinji Himeno's current status as "Queen" .

In the original world line, the chimera ant queen appears as a background to a greater extent. The purpose of her existence is to lead the chimera ant colony across the ocean, reach the distant human world and give birth to the ant king. Finally, in When the ant king was giving birth, the ant king was killed directly after being burst out of the abdomen.

And now...

System 48's gaze rests on the abdomen of the chimera ant queen.

The ant king has begun to breed. According to the direction of the original world line, the chimera ant group will encounter powerful enemies. The entire race will be almost extinct. Only the chimera ant queen will escape to the human world with a few scattered guards until Discovered the excellent food "human beings" and started hunting in the human world.

What about Shinji Himeno, who has inherited the identity of the Chimera Ant Queen?

The soul belonging to Trialist 01 quickly gave the answer:

"The rise of the tribe may not only be accomplished by the ant king. As the 'mother' of the entire tribe, I am the most responsible and capable of completing this." The one who will do this feat~"

It was obviously the ferocious face of the chimera ant queen, but perhaps because of the integration of Shinji Himeno's soul, System 48 actually saw "pleasure" on the face of the ant with no facial features. and a "cunning" look.

This is really...

System 48 closed its eyes and confirmed that Himeno Shinji had no intention of dying with the ant king in his abdomen. It decided not to continue paying attention to Himeno Shinji's detailed behavior.

Anyway, it can't stop Trialist 01 from causing trouble. Watching less and listening less can at least effectively prevent mental pollution.

Shinji Himeno didn't care what System 48 thought. After figuring out the effect and lower limit of the Chimera Ant's [feeding] talent, his eyes slowly lit up like stars in the night sky, blooming with dazzling light, and he murmured excitedly Muttering to himself:

"You can become stronger as long as you keep eating. And this continent lacks everything except a variety of 'food' with excellent gene fragments. It's really cool. It seems that the ethnic infrastructure in the new world is The road begins with a recipe..."

From this moment on, greedy desire and expanding ambition were quietly born in the hidden and dark caves on the edge of the Dark Continent.

The more Shinji Himeno thought about it, the more excited he became. Based on the information fed back by the worker ants, a species distribution map within a ten-mile radius around the chimera ant nest was formed in his mind.

The flame demon tiger, the three-tailed tree marten,

the giant swamp crocodile... Any beast in this area would be considered a very powerful monster in the human world, but in the Dark Continent, it is like the chimera ant, at the bottom of the food chain. While its combat ability is comparable to that of chimera ants, it is also unable to bring evolution to chimera ants at the genetic level.