i'll let you break my heart again

song: let you break my heart again - laufey

weddings are strange. harry didn't like them at the best of times but this one really takes the cake. there's just something about the wedding of the man you love and his girlfriend (fiancée? wife?) that really made it harry's least favourite thing possibly ever.

to make it worse, it's the best wedding he's ever been to. as if he didn't hate it enough already, it had to be a fairytale fucking wedding didn't it.

if he was a little bit drunker he might've objected during the ceremony. he even made eye contact with simon when 'any objections?' was asked. harry being the first to look away with a gulp of champagne.

and now harry had reached the point where he really was drunk enough to ruin the wedding. however tempting it was, as much as he wanted to, he wouldn't. he wouldn't ruin his wedding. he couldn't do that to simon, no matter how much he hated him right now. instead, harry decided to take up camp in a bush (don't ask. not many other options) with some booze to keep him company. he felt a little sick to be honest.

he'd be thinking a lot recently. about the wedding, about simon, about all of it. he was so sure that simon liked him back for so long. harry broke up with his girlfriend for him. he thought as soon as he did simon would too, but he didn't. even then, harry was still sure. he had hope. maybe it was just harder to do? maybe they hadn't even ever been together and it was some kind of cover up? a career boost? maybe harry was insane, actually.

he just couldn't understand how he and simon could act the way they act for simon not to love him back.

'what're you doing out here, bog?'

it was sunset. harry was sitting on the studio balcony, cup of coffee in his hand, staring at the sky when simon made an appearance.

'huh? oh.' he turned and watched simon slowly step towards him. 'i just... i just like watching the sunset, y'know? reminds me of home. of guernsey.' harry turned back towards the sky and simon made himself comfortable next to him.

'i bet it's gorgeous there.'  simon wasn't looking at the sky. harry could see from the corner of his vision that simon was staring at him. 'it is.' harry smiled.

'maybe you can show me one day?' and simon still hadn't looked at the sky once. harry nodded. 'yeah. i'd love to take you guys there.' he's always wanted his friends to see where he grew up.

'i meant you and me. not them.' harry looked at simon. 'i'd like to see your favourite place without a camera watching.' little did simon know that all he'd have to do to see harry's favourite place was look in the mirror.

'knock, knock.'

harry looked up from the pile of dead leaves he didn't realise he'd been collecting to find vik with a sad smile on his face.

'i've been looking for you.' vik said, scanning the area. 'why are you in a bush?' harry picked his bottle up and waved it a little. 'okay, why are you drinking alone in a bush at simon's wedding?' harry let his eyes meet vik's.

he's always had a feeling. a suspicion that vik might've known about it; about his feelings for simon. his eyes confirmed it. he nodded sadly and harry nodded back.

'right, c'mon.' harry only noticed that vik had a box and a cup in his hands when vik shifted them to one so he could hoist harry out of the bush. once harry was standing he peeked into both containers.

'w-why do you have.. coffee and... pie? at a- at a wedding?' harry stumbled over his words (and his feet) as vik budged him to start walking.

'i haven't seen you eat or drink anything without alcohol in since we got here.' harry couldn't really argue with that, so he didn't.