wet roads

TW car crash

it was a sidemen filming day. simon and harry were on a team together, driving through the middle of fucking nowhere whilst it was pouring down with rain.

cameras were off, it was just miles and miles of the same long road. they had the radio on low, simon quietly humming along to some pop song whilst tapping the wheel and harry was looking out of the window.

'do you mind if i take a quick nap?' harry asked. 'i didn't sleep that well last night.'

'sure man.' simon nodded. 'i'll wake you up when we're close, we've got a another couple hours yet anyway.' simon took his eyes off of the road for a brief moment to flash harry a smile.

'keep your eyes on the road, minter, it's all wet out here.' harry scolded him whilst trying to make himself comfortable.

'don't worry, i'm experienced with wet things.' simon quipped, earning a laugh from harry as he shook his head and closed his eyes.

famous last words.

harry woke up to his head slamming against something hard and then he was spinning, or the car was spinning, or the world was spinning? he wasn't sure. he wasn't sure which was was up either. he could hear his name being called distantly but he was too confused to focus on it. everything was confusing. he closed his eyes.

'harry! harry?'

when he came to again, he heard branches snapping, mental crunching, a string of swear words, glass shattering, it was still wet, it was dark-

'-eyes! harry- please, harry, open your eyes.'

his eyes stung and he tried to pry them open. it was so bright, he couldn't open them.

what's happening?

he tried to move his hand up to his face. his fingers barely twitched and that was enough movement to send pain shooting through his entire body. he held his breath.

'look at me, please, let me see your eyes. please, just look at me.'

his eyes open for a single second and he groans in pain and shuts them again.

'no, harry- keep them open. harry, you gotta keep them open, okay? i know it hurts, i know. c'mon.'

he tries shake his head and the world is spinning again. the darkness inviting him in and he can feel everything around him fade again.

'look at me, harry, come on, please.'

a warm voice covers him like a blanket and he slowly cracks his eyes open once more.

'that's it, harry. fuck- you scared me.'

he keeps slowly blinking, shifting slightly to try and sit up.

'stay there. you're okay.'

harry turns his head and finds simon leaning over him, drenched and shaking, using his body to try and shield the younger boy from the rain that was still hammering down.

'you're bleeding...' harry reached up to simon's forehead where there was a trail of watery blood. 'simon...' he frowned.

'i'm okay, harry.' simon assured softly and pulled harry's hand away from his injury and held it to his mouth. ghosting his lips over his knuckles for a second. 'i'm okay, i promise. we're both okay, yeah? it'll be fine.'

harry tries to nod again and his whole body shoots with pain. he groans.

'try not to move, yeah?' simon's hands move to hold harry still gently. harry hums in response. he's tired. his vision is blurring again. his eyelids are heavy.

'hey, harry, hey!' simon tapped harry's cheek gently. 'open! keep them open.'

'what happened..?' harry searches his mind for an answer and comes up blank.

'the roads wet and a fucking- some idiot came speeding round the bend and i tried to dodge him but we spun out and the fucking tree came down-' simon took a breath. 'you were asleep, you were still asleep.'

harry's vision was still blurred but he was trying to focus on simon's face, he blinked slowly a few times and when his eyes cleared he almost wished they hadn't.

simon was crying. simon didn't know he was crying but he was and harry had never seen him cry. he was actually pretty sure no one had seen simon cry. simon doesn't cry, but he's crying now and harry was certain something must've hit his chest during the crash because it stung.

he reached a shaking hand up again to cup simon's cheek and try to brush away the tears. harry wondered if he was crying too. simon took his hand again and lowered it, not letting go this time.

'hey.' harry started with a slight grin on his face. 'i thought you were experienced with wet things.' this earned a sad laugh from simon.

'yeah, well, evidently not.' simon brushed harry's wet hair from his forehead and harry squeezed the hand that simon was still holding in response.

'mmmm...' harry felt exhausted, his eyelids threatening to drop again.

'open, harry, eyes open.' simon held harry's cheek and harry's opened his eyes, unaware they'd even closed.

'i like your hands... holding me...' harry had a sleepy grin on his face.

'yeah?' simon nodded to his own question. 'i'll keep them there as long as you want just keep looking at me, okay?'

'mmmm... can't believe you crashed and we weren't even recording.' harry sighed. 'would've been a banger...'

'i cant believe you're thinking about this right now.' simon shook his head in disbelief. 'the go pro might've been on.'

'can i have the video?' harry laughed for a moment before realising how much it hurt and he held his breath.

'you can have the video if you keep you're eyes open.' simon tapped his cheek again. harry couldn't even tell when his eyes closed anymore.

'hurts.' harry whispered after a few seconds. 'i can't.'

'you've got to, you've got to.' simon told him, stroking his face. 'help will be here soon, okay? just a little longer.'

harry didn't respond. he kept watching simon's face, studying it, his blinks slowing.

'thank you.' he says. squeezing simon's hand and this time he can definitely feel himself crying. 'thank you, simon.'

'you're gonna be fine, harry.' simon nodded his head and a sob he'd been holding in broke free.

'you'll be okay, simon.' harry didn't try to nod this time but he raised his eyebrows hoping this would get the message across. 'we'll be okay.' and simon nodded.

'we'll be okay.' he agreed.

harry squeezed simon's hand again, as hard as he could. simon watched his face as his blinks became slower. he could feel the exact moment that harry stopped squeezing, a small sigh escaping his body as his head lulling to the side.

if u have any requests i will maybe write them :)