haunted [1]

TW panic attack, ghost hunting, the sidemen are bad friends (- tobi & simon)

if anyone had asked harry he would've told them this video idea was a stupid one. a haunted house. really? they'd done haunted videos before. the tunnels, the sidemen show, they both stunk! so why on god's green earth are they trying this again? no one wants to watch this. the viewers already complain enough about hide and seek. now they're just walking around some dark hallways not even looking for each other... that's the content! harry really didn't think this was a good idea.

he was even pretty sure none of the guys believed in ghosts anyway, so they really were just talking to the walls of some house. some old, dark, rotting, creepy house that some serial killer had apparently lived in. best sleepover ever, right? who wouldn't love this?

they had a bunch of little gadgets with them that were apparently part of the ghost hunting essentials. they had ones that were beeping and lighting up randomly as they walked around the house. emf meter, ouija board, spirit box, those spinning metal sticks harry couldn't remember the names of. they had eveything. harry was currently clutching his camera and torch close to him as they poked around in the attic of the house. one of the worst rooms.

'this place stinks man.' harry complained, looking at the mold lining the top of the walls.

'imagine haunting a mouldy house.' josh laughed at his own joke.

'if there are any spirits here can you make a knocking sound.' vik called into the air, lulling the room into silence to see if anything responded. nothing did.

harry felt too exposed stood alone in the middle of the room so he safely placed himself near the attic door between simon and ethan. simon was currently reading the instructions for the spirit box, harry pointed his torch at the page to help him see.

'honestly, i think you just turn it on and speak to it.' simon flipped the page to read the back of it. they'd been trying to set this stupid device up for about ten minutes at this point (they as in jj. simon had taken over and figured it out rather quickly.)

'alright well just try that then.' jj's tone told the room that he was annoyed by the fact it was that simple. simon turned the box on and everyone jumped, being completely unprepared for how loud it would be as it switched through the channels.

'christ.' harry muttered.

'okay, any spirits in this room, you can now communicate with us through this... glorified radio.' simon didn't care for the spirit box but addressed it anyway, speaking over the racket it was making. everyone listened carefully, trying to find a response in the mess of sound. they moved in closer and kept talking to it.

'maybe we should tell it our names?' tobi suggested. harry was not a fan of giving the supposed ghost of a serial killer his name, even if he didn't believe in ghosts, but everyone else seemed to like the idea so it seemed he had no choice.

they went around the room introducing themselves one by one, even the cameramen. harry was next, the final person to introduce himself, but the box beat him to it.

'HARRY.'

it was so clear. a deep voice in the mix of radio stations. harry felt like he'd just been punched in the stomach, the air stolen from him. the room was in a shocked silence. mouths agape, hands shot up to their faces in shock. harry could've thrown up.

'holy fuck.' ethan spoke first, followed by a fearful laugh.

'what the actual shit??' vik was frozen across the room.

'nah, bruv. nahhh that's not okay, man! simon, what did you do??' jj was pacing as he blamed simon.

'me? nothing! it fucking did that on it's own!' simon was holding the box further away from his body, further from harry, trying to hand it off to someone else. like holding it would make him a target or something. josh seemed to be unfazed by the spirit box so he stepped forward and took it from simon's outstretched arms. the room settled for josh to talk.