i can see you

inspo:
i can see you by taylor swift (listening recommended)
uk vs us slang on moresidemem
world's hardest cooking challenge on sidemen
cooking challenge & weakest link bts on sideplus

harry had been moody recently.

grumpy, snappy, short tempered, whatever you want to call it but people had noticed. it made for good content obviously and most of them assumed that that was all it was, just some dramatics for the video, but simon wasn't so sure.

simon knew harry. he could see him and he couldn't tell if he was being self conscious or not but he'd noticed harry's darkened eyes lingering on him. as soon as he was in a mood he'd be watching simon almost exclusively. mouth open, head slightly tilted, eyes hooded, even once they'd move on simon could still see harry out of the corner of his eye watching him.

they'd been waiting for the other boys to arrive, simon, tobi, vik and harry, tobi and vik had wandered off somewhere, simon was eating a cookie on the sofa in the green room and harry seemed to be busying himself with his phone on the sofa across from simon's.

and then there was some innuendo made about simon and his cookie and dick and no one seemed to notice harry excuse himself out of the room. but simon saw.

'i'm just gonna go wash my hands' simon announced to the group, finishing off his cookie and standing to follow the path harry took out of the room and into the toilets.

simon noticed that only one of the stalls had its door closed as he headed to the sink and slowly pressed on the soap dispenser whilst watching the door, trying not to make enough noise to block out harry's heavy breathing from the other side. simon wondered what he was doing in there.

the lock clicked and the door swung open in quick succession. simon noted that the toilet lid was down before raising his eyes in the mirror to meet harry's, who looked like a deer in the headlights.

simon threw a smile at him and briefly averted his gaze to flick the tap on. this seemed to be enough time for harry to recover because once simon's eyes were at his again he'd shaken the look off of his face and he was heading to the sink next to simon's, arms brushing as harry reached over him for the soap dispenser. their eyes met in the mirror again.

'uhm how was golf?' simon made an attempt at small talk.

'this morning?' harry confirmed, looking back to his hands. 'yeah man, it was good, yeah. just round the corner from here actually.'

'nice bro. who'd you go with?' the soap was long gone from simon's hands at this point, he was just lingering.

'ah, no one, no one. just me on my own.' harry nodded. 'just trying to blow off some steam.' he added with a sigh.

'did it work?' simon asked, turning his tap off and leaning on the sink, watching harry's reflection as it looked up at him and took a breath in.

'not really.' he answered slowly, licking his lips. his eyes dropped to simons hands gripping the sink and stayed there just a second too long before darting back up to meet simons. his eyebrows raised.

simon pulled some paper towels from the dispenser and passed a few to harry, fingers brushing. they watched each other in the mirror as the slowly dried their hands. simon was sure he could see harry holding his breath.

the door slammed open and the boys jumped. simon finished drying his hands quickly before heading out the door, slowing down once he'd made it out. the door didn't get a chance to fully close before harry was out of it too.

harry brushed past simon in the hallway and kept moving, leaving simon to watch him walk away.

harry got in another mood during the video and of course simon got the brunt of it.