24

"Wake up Rainbow Dash, this is the reason you don't understand calculus."

"Mmm... how about you shut up?"

I slapped Soarin so that he'd leave me be and allow me to take a power nap, but he kept poking and prodding at me to wake up. I nestled behind my strategically placed books, effectively blocking me from Professor Cadence's view. Her soft yet loud voice projected into the lecture hall, and the noise of scribbling and writing came from all around me. Though, as usual, my classmates note taking didn't phase me and I continued to close my eyes, much to Soarin's disapproval.

I had been rushing to finish my twenty-page assignment, given by my amazing professor at the early hour of 3am. As much as I was a procrastinator, I found myself deeply regretting sacrificing my precious sleeping time for boring mathematics. Could I have done the calculus homework several days before? Yes. Could I have asked Soarin for help? Also yes. Did I care? No.

"Based on the example can anyone elaborate what theorem is being used and whether it demonstrates convergence?"

Whatever, as long as could catch up my sleep schedule in short increments, I was content. We anyways had a long bus ride to the hotel later today, and my plan was to nap straight through it peacefully.

Speaking of the hotel... I still hadn't figured out a roommate, after I so-casually lied to Soarin that I was rooming with a certain overly ecstatic, pink girl.

"Thank you Twilight, but let's hear from someone we haven't heard from yet,"

Susnet made it clear she was out of the question because she was rooming with her (girl)friend Twilight. I had previously asked Rarity and Fluttershy, though they decided to room together a while back. Pinkie Pie sounded dreadful. What about Applejack?

"Rainbow Dash? Can you explain the question?"

Cadence's voice rang through my brain, and my train of thought was cut off in shock. I jolted my head up and blinked away any trace of sleepiness, "Huh?" I mumbled as Professor Cadence waited expectingly. "Um..."

I hear Soarin let out an amused laugh next to me as the lecture hall fell silent. I pinched him hard on his leg and he quickly went quiet. A few stares from the rows ahead made their way up to me, including Sunset and Twilight, to which I glared back.

"Uh, could you please repeat the question?" I ask and smile innocently.

Cadence sighs from the front of the lecture hall and clears her throat, "Given the example, please relay the appropriate theorem being shown and if displays an accurate representation of convergence," she explains again, a bit monotonously.

My eyes widen slightly realizing I had slept through the part where we had learned this and I quickly attempted to sum up a reasonable answer, "Is the theorem thirty-"

"One hundred nineteen." Soarin whispers from beside me.

"One hundred nineteen!" I promptly correct myself and plastered on a toothy grin.

"Correct," Cadence says, and rolled her eyes. I sighed in relief and was about to thank Soarin, right when she decided to test me more, "Could you answer whether there is a converse to this theorem?" She asks.

My mind went blank, not knowing what she was talking about, "Ye-"

"No," Soarin whispers again.

"No!" I fix again and sway in my seat with false confidence with my eyebrows nervously furrowed.

"Correct..." Professor Cadence nodded her head suspiciously, but eventually looked away and continued.