14

"Oh hey, look. Soarin's outside and he's not wearing a shirt."

"Huh?!"

I prop my head up from where I was sleeping on the counter and travel my gaze to where Sunset was looking. After realizing that there in fact was no one outside, I shook my head at Sunset and gave her a flat look.

She shrugged, "Hey it's not my fault you fell for it," Sunset laughed at my annoyed expression and rolled her eyes, "C'mon, Luna needs our help stocking the pumpkin spice shipment."

I sigh loudly, "It's too early for this!" I complain, rubbing my eyes groggily, "It's the middle of fucking August, why are we stocking up on pumpkin spice now?" I groan.

"Hell if I know," She replied rolling her eyes. Sunset walked away into the store room before I huffed and reluctantly followed.

Currently only being six fifty a.m., Luna decided to take advantage of us being early for once, and as a result, we had to assist her with bringing in the new Fall shipment. Sunset had actually gotten ready on time today, saying she was too tired from last night and wasn't able to sleep after someone was playing music too loud. So, she matched my typical outfit and wore a hoodie with sweats.

We casually walked into the large room where piles of boxes were being set on the floor. Almost instantly when we entered, a heavy scent of pumpkin, cinnamon, and all things Autumn hit our noses. I cringe lightly, as it smelt of a typical Bath and Body Works store on a fall day.

I noticed Luna with her usual clipboard in her hand, checking things off on the paper as the boxes came in. As a large box that read 'Pumpkin Spice Topping' came near, Luna drifted her head back as well to follow it. She checked something off on her clipboard, and then her eyes drifted up to look at us.

"Oh good," She said walking up to Sunset, "Do you think you can start putting in the new pumpkin toppings and sauces into your barista station? You don't have to put in the whole shipment. I'll ask Fleetfoot to put in the rest for herself and the other baristas when she comes in later." Sunset nodded and started rummaging through the box that was placed next to us.

Luna then focused on me and lightly smiled, "Make sure you have an Advil on hand," She patted my shoulder, and turned to the other boxes before saying, "You're going to type in the word 'pumpkin spice latte' at least fifty times this morning."
_____________________

"Hm, can I get a Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte, please?"

I groan into my palms and scowl at the confused girl in front of me, "Seriously Fluttershy?! You too?" I puff out my cheeks and poke in the same order I've gotten seven times in a row.

She shrugged and put on an amused smile, "It's a fall classic, no one can resist."

"It's still August!" I state, not caring if I received glances from customers who were enjoying their morning coffees.

I roll my eyes and turn the card reader to her, and she taps her card. I was about to say my usual line of: 'Your drink should be out shortly', however when I stole a quick glance back at Sunset, the girl had already pre-made ten pumpkin spice lattes. "Sunset, pass me one of those," I call to her, and she replies giving me a hot latte in my hands.

Fluttershy sips on her freshly made drink and sighs, "Oh my god, it's as good as I remember," she says. She opened her phone and began typing rapidly, "I'm telling everyone in my contact list to get this!"

My eyes widen and I try to reach over the counter to snatch her phone. If I have to take one more pumpkin spice latte order in the next ten minutes, I will lose it. I manage to steal her phone away, despite her protests. The screen was opened to a chat, and it looked like Fluttershy had already sent someone a picture of her latte.
_______________