Chapter 33

(Aadhithya's view)

"Watchout you dumbass! Are you having your eyes on road or what?" I screamed at a guy who was trying to cross the road and interferring my way to the site.

"Sorry..sorry bro.."He said back. I was in a mood to start an abusive war, but that guy's 'Sorry' pushed it to remorse.

"Why are you behaving like this Aadhi? You're such a blockhead" I cursed myself. Conversation with Dhiya clearly took off my mind as I drove to the site area.

It was a vast ground and some survey works have already been carried out while I entered. Arjun sir was talking to Manoj.

"I was waiting for you" Veni's voice came from a side. She slowly walked towards me.

"For what?"

"Seriously Aadhi? Don't you know what I'm gonna ask?" She said and her eyebrows rose at the same moment.

"Please Veni, I'm not in a good state now. Let us save this conversation for later" I said and stepped away from her.

"Okay okay..just runaway...like a coward" she murmerred. I heard her voice and turned back at her.

"What does that mean?"

"It means what I just said. Why are you ignoring me Aadhi? You could just tell yes or no. That's all I want"

"I'm confused about moving in with you. Don't you get it? Just leave me alone now, it's been annoying nowadays" I said directly into her face.

"Annoying?...thank you so much Aadhi" she said in a startled voice. I could see her eyes getting moist when she was about to walk away from me.

"Veni.." I called her,but she didn't respond. I felt like the most awful creature in this whole world.

First it was Dhiya, she confessed her love and I couldn't gather the courage to accept her. Now it's Veni.

I couldn't handle the situation and ended up hurting both of them now. I just stood there like a log while lot of thoughts were wandering around my head.

"Aadhi...do I have to beg you to start your work?" Arjun shouted from far away. Team leader was not in a cool mode today.

"Haan...yes sir coming" I said and joined him. For the whole time of work, Veni avoided eye contact with me. She talked to me at times but that too was way formal.

"Huhh..sir..I need some break" I said to Arjun sir pointing the hot weather around me. Arjun too was exposed to the hot weather of the site, so he agreed to have break for all.

I went near a shady tree and hid myself from the hot sun rays.

"Wassup dude? You don't seem in  good shape nowadays" Manoj asked while peeking something in his mobile.

"Nothing much bro. You seem to be immersed in whatsapp nowadays" I said back. Veni was glaring at me from a distance, but turned away when I caught her.

"It's love bro. She accepted my proposal" Manoj said and blushed.

"Hmm...enjoy man. Atleast one of us is happy in a relationship" I said and sighed.