Chapter 12

Claden's POV

As a big brother, it is my duty to protect and care for my sister. But.. but i'm still just a kid! How am I suppose to protect her from that monster! Our own father..

"Arghh!" A loud crack made by the belt was surely heard, I should be silent. I don't want my sister to wake up and witness it all, all over again.

"I told you to take your pills.. If you did, this wouldn't have happened.." My father told me while looking me deep in the eye. Deep down, inside me those piercing black eyes of his scares me. I don't even know if he really is my father.

He's gone crazy.. more crazy than ever. I can't believe my own father is trying to brainwash me like this. He doesn't even look like my father anymore.

"But Dad why are you acting like this.. Why are you treating Cyn-" He cuts me with another blow of his belt. He kept hitting me, again and again.

A small noise escaped my mouth after he dealt another blow into my hands, he scares me. He doesn't even look like the loving father I once knew.

"Are you trying to say something Claden?" His deep voice scares me, it sends shivers all over my body every time he gets close, and when he does, it means he's really mad.

"Why.. are you doing this.. Dad?" I questioned him while my tears fell to the ground, my hands feeling all numb from the hits that I took and endured badly.

"Stop crying mere child. Can't you take any blows from this belt of mine? I don't like cry babies that are weak, Claden." ..He's gone mad. Crazy if I would say. He's a two-faced old man who only cares about his bloodline. No, he doesn't care about that, he cares about money, and strong men that will take over the Roseville family someday.

"Dad i'm scared.. please just stop.. you're scaring me." Father, please just stop this nonsense already, your words. All of them. Are not making sense-!

‎ "Aaaahh!!"

I jumped out of bed out of fear. My eyes were wide open, my heart was racing, cold sweat was running down to every corner of my body, my throat dry and so is my lips that are left agape as I was trying to catch my breath.

Why am I dreaming of that moment now, it has been exactly 8 years since then.

"Fuck this hell hole.." I said while holding my tears in, my blood slowly starting to boil as memories starts to fill my head. Bad ones.

If only Mom wasn't in so much stress that time. If I was only behaving myself well, Mom would still be alive, and Dad wouldn't be like this. And my little sister wouldn't be so pressed on a role she doesn't want from the very beginning.

I let a long sigh before jumping out of bed. I head towards the bathroom and begin my routine like every morning. -After doing so, I went to head downstairs, there I saw my little sister, or my so-called brother as that is what our Father wishes to. I continued walking down the stairs and eventually sat down on my seat joining them at the dinner table. Not after a while my food has arrived and Father finally spoke.

"How's the bar doing these day? It's not on the verge of collapsing again, is it son?" Not even a good morning to your son? Seriously. That's what you say first in the morning right at my face? What did I even expect from him.

"It's doing good." I replied still chewing on my face while avoiding making eye contact with him. I don't wanna see his eyes.

"Excellent work. How about you Jericho? How's your studies doing?" I stopped at my tracks when I heard that name again. I don't have a sibling named one Jericho, no one! I only have one sibling, and her name is Cynthia.