Chapter 8

Kali's POV

I woke up from the birds chirps and a few knocks on my door. Usually I would start stretching at my bed but somehow I couldn't move, it was like I was chained. It felt nice and I was about to let it be, that's when the realization of Cynthia sleeping next to me hit me like a truck. I completely forgot that we slept in the same bed!

I tried to get out of her grasp so I could open the door but her legs were wrapped around my waist, her arms as well! Is there seriously no escape in this type of situation now.

"Cynthia let go of me!" I whispered yelled, I know it's dumb to be talking to a person who is asleep but still. I know she can hear me.

I keep on trying to shake her off but I couldn't since she was holding on to me so tight. And I was kinda into it. I never really had anyone cling to me, especially on bed. Cuddling isn't my thing but i'll let it slide for today.

Feeling her body so close to me is kinda.. lovely? Her cheeks were squished against my chest and it was so cute, I just want to pinch her til she wakes up, she looks like a hamster when she's asleep. Nonetheless I chose to embrace the warm sensation and drift to darkness.

-

"Kali wake up" A faint sound kept ringing close to my ear. It kept calling me telling me to wake up, it was annoying so i did what that voice told me to, and when I did, i saw Cynthia. She looks scared, and was out of air. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before asking her a question.

"What happened to you?" I couldn't pretty much focus my eyes since i just woke up and she was screaming at me, well, not really. But i'll count it as it is.

"Your family is trying to kill me! Except your mother, she's still asleep, i guess? Your sisters plus your Father are after me!" Say what now?

"Why though? Maybe you did something that triggered them" I asked, obviously i knew it was about the confession, but let's play like this for now.

"They heard my confession last night." She said while trying to control her breathing.

"mhm, yeah i know. They probably were listening last night right at that door, like i said, they would be probably listening now as well."

"Am i going to die?" Don't be ridiculous, you won't, as long as i am around. Your life is safe.

"No silly, they won't do anything when i'm around. Now, come on, let's head downstairs, get you some water to drink and food to fill your empty stomach aswell."

She replied with an okay and i jumped out of bed, sitting down on my chair infront of my mirror. I fixed my ruffled looking hair with a few brush strokes. Staring right at my reflection, i couldn't help but get annoyed on how Cynthia's hair is all ruffled up. I mean yeah it is short, but it doesn't suit her when it's all ruffled up. Bed hair.

"Come here for a sec will ya?" I called for her, and she obeyed. I think it's an advantage when she likes me, will she do anything i ask for though?

She sat down on the floor and I started combing her hair in no time, she has nice hair, quite fluffy, and it flows just the way i like it. Her hair color suits her a lot, if we ever get really close, i'll be wanting to dye her hair pink just for a little fun.