17- king ujjaval learned about raj

Author's pov:

Its already dark outside while they both were talking. Rudra dropped Nayantara at some distance from palace. She happily went back to palace with secret tunnel with payal Rudra gifted her.

She decided she will marry her love of life. He love her for her not with her title or for some stupid promise. She always hate her princess life. Because of it she never got to spend some time with her father. She was not allowed to do so many things because she is princess and her life is to marry for her kingdom's politics. Noble people always think about power but they forget about small things that holds happiness.

She stepped inside her chamber smiling like idiot but soon her smile vanished when she saw her father and mother inside her chamber. Her eyes went to letter in king Ujjaval's hand. King was looking her with angry eyes. She was too feared to react. Not only she was caught sneaking out of palace but also the letter Raj send her.

"where were you?" king asked her shouting.

Queen Durga flinched hearing his angry voice. She held his hand to calm him down but he shaked her hand.

Words were not leaving Nayantara's mouth.

"ba..bapusa..." she said shattering.

"Who is raj? I want truth." He asked.

She looked down not saying anything but king was staring her waiting for an answer.

"i..i love him bapusa." She confessed shattering.

"what nonsense! How could you? you know you are promised to king Rudra."

"bapusa, I love him and he also love me. he asked me to marry. Please bapusa cancel the wedding." She requested crying.

"How can I? What I will say to king Rudra. You know he is very short tempered. He can announce war against us. Durga, explain her. I am sending letter to king Rudra to come and marry as soon as possible. I don't want to see her." He said and went from there in anger.

Nayantara fell down while crying. Queen durga went and hugged her.

"Don't cry my child." Queen said.

"I love him chhoti maa. I was going to tell you today about him. Chhoti maa." She cried.

Queen looked at her helplessly and hugged her. She knew its not in her power to hold king Ujjaval from his decision but she can't see her daughter crying like this.

Prince Pratig came inside after sometime to saw her sister sleeping in his mother's arms after crying her heart out. He picked her up and make her sleep on bed. Both son and mother came out of her chamber to talk.

"Do you know about this?" queen asked prince after coming out of princess chamber.

"No maa sa. Jiji never told me. How is she now? I want to kill that man so badly." Prince said running fingers in his hairs.

"No Pratig. It will hurt your jiji more. She loves him. What we can do? Your father will force her to marry king Rudra. He doesn't see anyone above his promise." Queen said in concern.

After 2 days, king already send letter to king Rudra inviting him. Queen tried his best to convince but failed. At last queen was convincing princess Nayantara to forget her love. Nayantara stopped eating and locked herself in her room crying. She cried till she feld sleep and after waking up she started crying. Prince tried to feed her but she only took few bites.

Prince was coming out of temple after praying for her sister's health. He saw princess at corner of pond in royal garden. Dupatta was leing at the distance and she was standing there in skirt and blouse only. Pratig was walking toward her when he saw Nayantara jumping in pond. He started to run and jumped after her. He swims toward her where she was struggling. He hold her sister but she was pushing him. He hold her tightly and swim back at edge with her. Both come out water.

"jiji, are you gone mad? You don't even think of me, maasa and bapusa." He yelled at her older sister. Nayantara started crying.

"I am doing you favor by dying. Why didn't you let me die?"

"jiji, if you want to do favor please live for me. What can I do? I can't go against bapu sa and can't see you like this." Pratig said.

"one night Pratig. One night." She said.

"What?" prince asked in confustion.

"I know at last I have to marry king Rudra. All I want is one night. I am giving my whole life to someone else for this kingdom that king Rudra don't announce war against us in which thousands of men will die. I just want one night." She said at her brother hopefully.

"I promised I will return." She said forwarding her palm. After thinking for sometime, he also placed his palm on hers.

"Anything for you jiji even I am ready to fight against king Rudra." Prince said.

She hugged her brother and thought

'anything for you pratig that I am ready to marry king Rudra. The war will lead to only destruction. I can't be that selfish."

At night, Nayantara got ready in Pallavi 's dress and looked at payal that Raj gifted her.

Pratig was guarding her chamber and when she was moving toward secret turnel. Queen caught them.

"What do you both think you are doing?" she asked.

Both of them don't say a word but stare at each other.

Queen put a bag of gold choice in front of her and said.

"It will help you to survive. Don't hide nearby. Write letter after you settle everything down. We can fight for your happiness my child." Queen said with teary eyes.

Nayantara emotionally hugged queen.

"Thank you for your love. I will do whatever who love me. I am a rajput princess. We don't run from battlefield in war or life."

She declined the gold and went out from secret tunnel. Queen was so nervous but went to king to distract him by busing him in some political discussions.

King and queen often have political debates late nights. Pratig guard his sister's chamber and waiting for hee. He less exoecting nayantara to return next day.